Megane Race Car

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Mattyt, Oct 17, 2015.

1. 0041021d9b55927324b7a2a6cf9d5507.jpg 9e0294f6e6c74a6f091977fe68d14d78.jpg c140fa90b40a385014daa0e15d593d2a.jpg

I will be competing in the MSV Team Trophy next year. So will keep a this up to date with how I am getting on. First test 9th Nov at Snetterton.

Nervous and excited as done plenty of track days but first racing starts next year.

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

saw this on ebay i think? was the car at mark fish?

3. Nice to see another to join us racers!
    get some more pics and specs up..

4. Yes. The car was Simon Gustersons one that was raced in the sport max series in 2006 and won the series. It has had loads of work done a lot of it bespoke as not a lot of parts were available. Originally built by Mark Fish was then taken on by Ed @ EJM Prep where with sponsorship it had a silly amount spent on it.

5. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Welcome over mate. That car is a great bit of kit, keep us all posted.

6. Cage looks t45... Or do the photo angles make it look smaller tube than it is..

7. In all honesty. It has a bespoke coilover setup which were pre Gaz and kW availability. Some remapping has been done light weight fly wheel and helix clutch. Stack display system. 1.2s shod with r888s though the wrong width. Bespoke cage. Lifeline extinguisher system brand new steering wheel seats and harnesses. This is as much as I know. This was after a few phone calls though. Apparently the diff has been swapped out for a plate one apparently this is awesome. I am yet to track it but I cannot wait.

alpha_helix likes this.
  8. Photos definitely make it look smaller.

9. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

where was the owner from? it showed less than 5 miles from me

10. Up north somewhere. Really nice guy but just did not have time to use it.

11. At snetterton 9th Nov for first spin. Cannot wait!!!

12. Locked and loaded for testing at Brands this weekend!!!!
    b05c3e55e2ac0fa6dfa5b52e2151ede2.jpg

13. How did you get on mate? How was the car?

14. Absolutely awesome once Brands dried out it got quicker and quicker. Tyres are knackered but I have never been a fan off 888's as I think they are too soft. Will be getting some 048's on there. Brakes are immense really need to find out what pads are on there??? Need to work on a wet setup but fresh tyres should go a long way. Looking good for next season lets say that.

alpha_helix likes this.
  15. Some pics from Brands

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. Car looks awesome mate, shame I didn't see this earlier, I would have popped to brands and said hi. Only up the road from me.
    Random question btw, the orange on yours, I'm guessing it's not the standard orange that meganes came in? Mine looks nothing like this haha

17. Same here, that orange is different , is it a wrap?

18. Awesome looking bit of kit! Keep us updated!

19. Looking good mate.. What tyres and other restrictions you got on the Msv championship?
    im gonna be competing in treaded class next year in the wrda instead of slicks..

20. Yeh doing MSV next year fingers crossed. Running R888's at the moment as this is what the car came with. I will have A048s as they are as good grip wise a bit better in the wet but last a lot longer. Orange is a respray. I think it looks awesome also my favourite colour. I had a 225 in inferno orange years ago this is a lot more laity but not that focus st orange!

21. they are good the 48's.. we're under list 1a and they're a 1b tyre so after so much looking around and talking to people I'll be using Bridgestone potenza re002 as none of the good trackday tyres are list 1a Unfortunatly and the ad08 was replaced with ad08r and they made that 1b then..

22. I am waiting for the new regs for the Trackday Championship to come out but last year they were allowing 1a and 1b tyres so that would include R888's and AO48's.

23. Latest is I am all registered for the MSV Trackday Championship. Regulations are out so just need the car weighed and power tested. Also running AO48's and ditching the R888's.

Here are the provisional dates: cf578cb42c4db6c1b417e5726f18735a.jpg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  24. Another update with an updated calendar this looks better with more tracks. Glad Silverstone is back and never been to Rockingham so should be an interesting season 9cd9ef58b1735cb61df3f76042b8c369.jpg

25. Nice set of events.. What's the race format then?

26. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

I did Rockingham last year as a taster session with the wife, it was damp not raining and it was the worst, put my wife right off, we were in her Stilo abarth and the traction control/abs light was on for all but 10 seconds a lap, i imagine it was like roller skating on an ice rink.

Never again

27. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Rocky is proper slippy in the wet, Weird surface. Very abrasive in the dry mind you

28. Might pop up to Donington to watch if I'm free

29. 30 mins qualifying and 45 mins race.

30. Sounds like fun! Glad I am ditching the 888's now

31. Latest update:
    All registered for the first race of the season at Snetterton on 28th March. Looking forward to it.
    I am at Brands on Monday for a bit of a test which should be good but did not get A048's in time so will get one test in with them before the start of the season.

32. I also have Instagram
    Motorfrog_Racing and Twitter @MotorfrogRacing

33. All ready for Brands Hatch in the morning. Camera fitted, Stack dash all fixed . Hoping for a dry run as not run in the dry yet.[​IMG][​IMG]

34. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

looking good mate - sounds like its gonna be a fun year! hope you enjoy - stay safe!

35. Pictures from Brands Hatch on 1st Feb. Was a great day with loads of laps completed. Also some promotional shot on the MSV Trackday Trophy website of the Meg. New tyres and livery to come!!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

36. ~Shaun~

~Shaun~ RSM Club Member

Your car looked great on track, I was in the o/g 250, I'm just glad it managed to stay dry all day :eek:

37. There was a 250 that went in the gravel at Brands the day I was there at Paddock hope he was all ok and car was ok?

38. Update
    Meg was rolling roaded for the regs and turns out the engine is untouched and running standard which is actually an advantage as the lower power helps with the power to weight as has to be 175bhp/tonne.

39. Update
    So you may or may not no a conrod decided to go 5 days before my first race and I have finally got a new engine. It is forged unit built by rstuning with I nice set of catcams. I will be taking it to BKR to be installed and finish off a few niggles and hopefully get out for my first race this year. It has not gone as expected but that is motorsport for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk c5bf0b76ba67658f923b7c98bd1652b6.jpg