Megane R26 Vibra Technics front bushes Vs Powerflex Purp

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by HugoM5, May 8, 2019.

1. Gents,

Does anyone on this forum have experience with fitting the Vibra Technics front rear bushes for the megane R26?

I currently have fitted the PF purple and I hate em. I should have known as I changed all PF for uniball on my M5 drift/race car and it made a world of difference. Why do I hate PF? It completely compromises the movement of the wishbones on the R26. This can be tested easily, remove the damper and spring and simply move the wishbone up and down, movement is severely limited. Result is that you constantly will feel an artificial feedback/push back in the steering wheel. It does not improve feedback through the steering wheel all that much. It feels unnatural and promotes tramlining./Rant

I think the original R26 arms come with a unique rubber bush that cannot be sourced from a 3rd party. The ones that are available are too weak/soft.

So I think the only alternative are the expensive vibra technics front bushes. They are made of rubber which is already much better then onedimensional PU. However, I have no idea if they will allow the wishbones adequate up-down travel as the original bushing would allow. So, does anyone have experience with this part?