Megane r26 - Bolt in Cages

Discussion in 'Car Parts For Sale' started by Brett-SWMOTORSPORTS, Mar 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hi All,

Here at SW Motorsports, we have produced some half bolt in cages no welding required for the R26 Megane would anyone be interested?

Prices would start at £550 + £30 shipping in black

Additional colours red, blue, custom colour is an additional £80

lead time is about a week as these are made to order in house.

meganer2602.jpg

meganer2601.jpg

meganer2603.jpg

2. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Can I ask why delivery is an extra £5 on this forum than your ebay listing for the same item?

also you have a few pictures above with the additonal gusset is this included in this price?

And how come the cost of other colours is so expensive?

Thanks

3. Hi there,

Postage is £30 for half cages mainland UK Delivery I will have to check this with the person who does our eBay listings!

If I get a bit of interest I could probably get rid of the postage and do £550 all in inc the gusset if wanted

As for the colour options I am kind of stuck as this is our prices with our coaters - but like above if I get a bit of interest and people are wanting different colours I could try to include this in the deal possibly or discount it

Thanks, Brett

CJ_RSport likes this.
  4. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Sounds good hopefully there will be some interest on here which im sure there will be, I could always collect mine as your not far away. I'd be looking for one in orange. will be in touch nearer the time :wink:

5. That would be fine if your local we could provide fitting service also - have I posted this in the correct part of the forum maybe it is more track related for that section?

Thanks Brett

CJ_RSport likes this.
  6. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Cool.

It could well get more interest in the car parts for sale section. Let me know if you want it moving there.

Regards

CJ

7. Yes please

8. Interested in a cage and also one of your seat subframes for drivers side Brett. How much do they lower the seats and are they specifically for the trend lines? What’s the cost on both delivered, and how much if the cage is unpainted? Cheers

9. I purchased one of these for my r26....brilliant...every one who saw it said it was the nicest finished half cage...also fitted with no problens. Extremely good value

10. Hi Chris,

Great drop me a message when your ready to order we don't tend to sell cages unpainted we just do them blacka at no extra charge. As for the seats we had an R26 in today having a half cage fitted with trendlines in I asked one of the lads in the workshop to get some measurements! I will get them to you tomorrow

11. Thanks for the feedback glad you enjoy your cage cazper

12. Ok Brett, thanks

13. Brett would you supply them bare as I would prefer to have it painted body colour?

14. Hi Dom,

We like to supply them in at least primer or a white base powder coat for protection and so they don't rust! plus it will give you a nice basecoat to wet paint too.

If you would like anymore information please let me know :grinning:

15. I have Spoken with Brett today regards a possible group buy on these. I up for one and know of another member who is keen. So can we get a list together and see what Brett can do ? Cheers

Brett-SWMOTORSPORTS likes this.
  16. How do these effect mot's with the new rules that came in last year? All oem rear Seats and safety equipment must be present now unless it's classed as a rally car. Really considering ordering one but don't want to be taking it out and refitting it every year. There's no definitive answer online

17. Your MOT centre can change the details of the car status online, mine had an MOT 2 weeks ago (half cage, 6 point harnesses and bucket seats) and they changed the classification to track car/special vehicle or something along those lines, can even get away with the air bag light on if it has 4/5 or 6 point harnesses and bucket seats.

18. They did the same for my 225, although that didn't have a cage, but had buckets and harnesses, still didn't have rear seats.

19. Good point and I am really not sure and echo Ian's points. Mine has recently been mot'd with no rear seats. So it's going to be down to the test centre or finding a friendly mot guy. Will be ordering next week so let me know what you decide.

20. Hi Mark
    I would be interested in one of these as well.
    Thanks

21. Okay I shall give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do as I think that's possibly 4 or 5

22. Okay. So if we order 5 or more for either mk3 or mk3 they will be 525 delivered that's in any standard colour and with or without gussets or 2 to 4 then same applies but 550 delivered. Would like to order next week ?

23. You getting one of each then :laughing::laughing::laughing:

24. Haha will get the mk3 in a few months it's been an expensive year so far

25. Has anyone done an MSA sprint with one fitted curious to see how the scrutineers viewed it. I a man thinking about one but it does cause issues for sprints as the car has to re ain in road class which means the rear seats need to be present so not sure if they could be fitted with a bit of cutting out of the seats

26. Any further interest in this?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

27. Most have gone quiet mate ! Myself and one other are almost a definite. What about you?

28. I'm definitely Interested mate [emoji1303]

29. Cool. Will see if anymore are interested over the weekend and order next week if that works :blush:

30. No problem mate [emoji1303]

31. I may still be interested subject to info on the rear seats also info on where these bolt too

32. Hi mate. They bolt down through the floor behind the seats and then further back near the start of the arch. Have seen a couple installed and they are a great bit of kit. Give Brett a call regards the rear seats as I an not sure in this

33. Any more Interest in this folks? Also are the gussets on the cage for strength?

34. Hi Everyone,

If anyone has any questions please give me a shout! It would be good if we can get an order in this week with race season starting soon this is our busiest part of the year so I can get them out to you all ASAP!

Just to add we also now have rear strut braces and seat bases for the R26 both bolt to existing holes

Rear Brace
    £80 + £10 Shipping if your buying a cage we can include in that postage

r26brace1.jpg
    r26brace.jpg

Seat Bases
    £80each / £160 a pair + £10 Shipping if your buying a cage we can include in that postage
    [​IMG]

r26seatbase.jpg

Fixed Seat Mounts
    £80each / £160 a pair + £10 Shipping if your buying a cage we can include in that postage

r26seatmounts.jpg

Thanks Brett

35. Hi Brett, what is the lead time for these cages?

36. I received one of these seat bases on Wed, lovely bit of kit, I can seriously recommend them!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

37. From order to sent out shipped we can usually do it in 3-4days

KillieRs likes this.
  38. Hi Brett, re the rear braces, could a harness be anchored to them?
    Cheers,
    Si

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

39. +1 for a 250 cage in red please

40. Hi, I wouldn't recommend this personally MSA blue book recommends 2.5mm CDS Steel and braces are 1.5mm CDS Steel - I would just buy one of our half cages which uses the correct material

Thanks Brett