Megane r26 96 k service &...

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Pavandeeplalli, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Hi coming up to my 96k service on my megane, had it a year n loved it few quick questions

Car is stock besides a Backbox chop panel filter and short shift.

Was driving home and the message popped up saying service due no spanner just that can I service it and still reset millage to next?

How many litres does the engine hold? 5w40 fully syntactic shell helix okay? And going to be doing the oil, oil filter anything else I need to change? Cars been looked after by renault since 86 k cheers for the help guys.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  2. Minimum probably is Oil Filter; Engine Oil (5 Litres and 5w40 Shell Helix probably totally fine), Clean panel filter.

Check when the plugs were last done;

Check when the brake fluid was last changed - often overlooked

I would also get the cabin filter done (Drivers footwell I think) and if its never been done, I would also change the gearbox oil (not on any renault service schedules though - but its the most valueable part of the R26) - its 2.1-2.0 litres of 75w80 I think - best check.

and yep, you can reset the 'spanner' service light yourself - IIRC its holding down the trip computer buttom for like 1 or 2 minutes - should be easy to find on here anyway.

3. You'll need 6 litres of engine oil as it will need just over 5 , 5-10 seconds on the stalk to reset service light, scroll through to service press and hold it will flash, job done

4. And get them to blow out your drainage holes next to the wipers..