Megane R26/ 225 Intercooler

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by jonathanR26, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Evening,

I am after an uprated intercooler for my R26,
    I stupidly bought a Winner Special intercooler off of eBay which although it was twice the width and height, it still managed to make 0 difference to the air temp compared to the standard one.

Soooooo....... Now I'm after an intercooler which actually makes a difference please :smiley:

2. yeah..i also have this type of chinese cooler that has several brand names.
    As you say..how the hell they have managed to make it no more efficient than the standard tin can cooler is some achievement ,considering is larger all-round!
    I noticed when we had the hot spell how the power dropped off...still it only cost me £50..but you do indeed get what you pay for!

3. This is what I thought... the size differences between the pair are comical, to which you would expect there to be some form of benefit! When I properly read through the description it turns out the Winner intercooler isn't bar & plated though... But there were hundreds of great reviews on the website which now perplex me‍♂️

4. i think people like the way they do just offer right up to the original mounting points with no alterations.
    some tuning firms actually recommend this cooler up to 300HP.

But i have seen dyno reports and tests with these giving exactly the same results as a standard cooler,which in itself was also fitted to the 175 megane.I was shocked by just what a piece of junk it is..and as you say,could never have guessed that a bigger,wider,better made cooler,would give such poor results.