Megane Mk2 (225 / R26) swirl pot / upgraded fuel pump install

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by dub16, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Hello,

I am looking at upgrading the fuel system in the megane as I am starting to stock pile bits to get it ready for a winter rebuild with a view of competing next year. I want to upgrade the fuel system as I know they can be a problematic area.

So, what in tank fuel pumps, swirl pots, additional fuel pumps etc have people installed and do you have any pics of your set up or details on what you used?

Thanks,
    Martin

2. I would be interested in this as well after experiencing fuel issues at Silverstone. I normally don't let the fuel get below a third of a tank but it would be good to find a solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. I did this a few years ago on a PH1 172 track car that I was getting starvation on long right-handers plus I fitted ITB’s and a fuel-rail that did’nt have a return line on it so I killed two birds with one stone. Standard pump – swirl-pot – additional uprated pump – pressure regulator – T-piece with one line to fuel-rail & other line returns to standard fuel tank. I put it all in the spare-wheel well and then covered over with a sheet of aluminium cut to shape. No photos to hand but I will try and find one.

4. Thanks for the reply Space Cadet. Yes I was thinking of a swirl pot and additional pump in an enclosed box, I just wondered if anybody had details of what parts they had used on a megane. I was reading that the Deatschwerks DW65C is a popular replacement for the in tank item, maybe a bosch 044 or walbro 255 to go alongside?

5. With mine at least we kept the standard in-tank pump because all this did was fill the swirl-pot, it was then the additional uprated pump that kept the pressure to the fuel-rail.

Sorry, I don't have part numbers as it was quite a few years ago.