Megane II, Clio III plastic panels color difference

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by TurboJ, Sep 2, 2018.

1. I've seen many Megane IIs and Clio IIIs on which the plastic bumpers are noticeably different shade than the steel panels on the cars. I've seen so many examples of the exact type of shade difference I know it's not due to repainted bumpers. My wife currently has a '07 Megane 225 and the bumpers are lighter shade of red than the bonnet and the doors and all the rest of it. The front wings although plastic have a slightly less noticeable shade difference to the steel parts.

From my experience it seems that the worst offenders are Megane IIs and Clio IIIs with either red or orange paint work. The bumpers really stand out on some cars and - as I said - there is no way all those cars I have seen have been in the paint shop with the exact same colour shade as a result.

So, have you guys noticed this issue with Megane IIs or different Renaults? And just guessing at it, I assume the only way to fix this would be a new layer of paint on the bumpers. Unless someone else has found some clever workaround with vinyl wrap or whatever other magic.

2. I was in the spray shop yesterday complaining about this on some work that has been done on my wifes
    Vauxhall.
    Same scenario..Cars in metallic grey..but the wings are a noticeable different shade to the bumper.
    The guy told me,this unfortunately happens a lot,and is just due to the different material the paint is sprayed onto.

3. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Happened with my 225, the boot was a brownish colour. Looks awful and had it booked in for a respray and then the engine went bang lol