Megane GT 220 questions,

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Tim320, Aug 18, 2019.

1. I know its not an RS, but wondering if anyone has any experience of the Megane GT 220?
    I've got a 1.6 2011 which I'd like to upgrade for a newer and quicker model, and seen a couple of these GT 2.0l both 3 and 5 door. The spec says that its the same motor as the RS, just detuned, which is fine and that the brakes and chassis are uprated. Otherwise its a runout of the old shape car with most of the extras added on.

I've seen a couple for around 9k which seems like a good deal, given that a similar specced Golf GTi which I've had before is 5-6K more. I don't want to go back the the hard ride and low spec of the Germans and happy to stick with the Megane until I can afford one of the new ones. I don't need the full RS performance, so the 220 looks ideal.

Has anyone driven them or got any info other than the usual online reviews?
    Also it comes with 18' wheels as standard, with the RS brakes I guess. Is it possible to fit smaller 16' wheels at all?

Thanks for the advice

2. I get what you say about not needing the performance, but you can pick a decent RS for that money, and get a decent spec, they don't have to be about the power

3. No but I was really after a five door, which these are available in.

4. You need to speak to Tutuur on here, he has a gt220 estate that he tracks and is running decent power also, so can be done :laughing:

5. Well, picked the car up and it's a great package. goes well and handles as expected.
    clutch is very low though, stalled it 3 times pulling out of the place. Raise the pedal a fraction and its in or out. Salesman's answer was the usual 'they all do that' but my old Megane didn't.

Is this typical of this engine or does it need adjustment?
    thx

6. nice, what the mpg on these, any photos?

7. Got about 35 mpg on the 90 minute motorway drive back, but the engine is barely run in at 13k.

Attached Files: