Megane f1 running rough?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Meganehan, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Hi, I don't know if anyone has any ideas, I started my car earlier and it was running pretty rough, the revs were jumping up and down and almost wanted to stall, once it had warmed up it was fine? Injectors maybe? Thanks

2. Hi meganhan, I had rough idle in a mk2, I changed oil filter and solved the issue... very easy to change, get a new filter from dealer (they pretty cheap), your oil filter is under the car on the passenger side, just in front of rear wheel, looks like a cylinder with a small pipe going in one side and pipe coming out other side, they remove by pushing the clip in on the pipe, and pipe just pulls out, can't remember how to remove the actual filter but it's a 5 min job. Make sure new one goes in the right way, so check which way the current on is fitted. Nb some oil will drip out so put something down to cover floor, do it over grass etc Hope it sorts the idle, nine was rough upon start up and think first gear was worst

3. That sounds like the fuel filter, not oil filter. Worth a try though.

4. FE5C3775-EB3B-46E7-A9E6-9259F485177F-638-000000CD43FB1546.jpeg Rofl esslll, yes u right, my bad, fuel filter not oil filter Looks something like this.

5. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

Don't think there fitted to UK car like that. There in the sender

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Hi Matt, I didn't know they had different locations, pity, it's rely easy to remove from cars in sa, gonna be a bit more difficult if in the fender, can u get at it via the wheel arch trim, of must bumper come off

7. hi thanks for the reply, it only done it that one time in the morning when it was cold but it's been fine ever since so think it must have been in a mood that day lol! Fingers crossed it doesn't do it again!