Sponsored By:  

Megane Chased By Corvette Z06 at High Speed.....UPDATED FOOTAGE

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by R26Man, Jul 29, 2016.

1. This turned into a pretty much flat out lap (for me) on the Nurburgring Nordschleife pushed on by the more powerful Corvette Z-06 (553PS)!

All you clever fellows are absolutely correct about the lap time!!! When I "cropped" the video to remove the rear wiper it has also somehow "speeded" up the frame rate.....my fault for not checking and probably finger trouble on my part with all this tech stuff :blush:.. I don't normally look at times just try to share interesting laps for you guys to watch.

Here is the original uncut footage (including wiper blade)!!!!

The Corvette is owned and driven by a friend......... and does wipe the floor with a Megane. He laps at around 7.38m for those interested.

If I ever do drive a sub-seven minute lap in a Megane then you will all be the first to know :grinning: Ha Ha!!!

Thanks for the comments

Safe driving...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    TEV250, TimR26 and Semtax like this.
  2. Good going! I take it you live close to the ring?

3. Thanks for the positive comment. The Ring is a GREAT place for Megane owners to meet and use their cars to the full potential.

4. Cracking lap!

5. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

That's a great lap, I like how smooth it is. I thought the Z06 was taking it easy until I noticed it was under 7 minutes lol!

6. I can't see the video but under 7min in a Megane? Can't be a whole lap, or can't be a Megane

7. What was the lap time? confused to how thats sub 7 minutes surely not.

8. Well, it is a full lap so either:

- fastest Megane in the world

- video is sped up and Z06 driver isn't pushing to pull potential of car (likely)

- it's not a Megane (but it sounds like it is)

9. Under 7 minutes BTG, that's very impressive!
    I noticed that you pulled away from the Vette under acceleration and he caught you up under braking ; I would have thought it would be the other way around.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

10. Please check my original post for an update on the video file...
    Cheers

11. R26 some of my editing software has done the same in the past. When you reduce the image size and it recalculates at say 90% it seems to shrink for example a 10 minute video to 90% making it a 9 minute video.

12. Thanks for that.......it's a learning process........and I'm a slow learner!!! :grin:

13. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

That makes more sense now, 8.15 is still a great lap time!

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Indeed, Low 8's and the prized under 8 laps take a LOT of commitment

15. Thanks for the calculation...you might notice that the lap was in traffic and we had to "back out" and coast from just before the mini-carousel at Schwalbenschwanz to the Gantry due to the Yellow traffic light. This was due to an oil spill at Galgenkopf so it was a slower lap than we could have achieved....Oh what could have been!!!!