Megane 3 RS Wheel Fitment guide.

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by -Jamie-, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Is someone running ProTrack 17x9?

2. Is someone running ProTrack 17x9?

3. I'm looking for a set of wheels - 18" - for track use.
    Not sure about models....i'm trying to value about...

What do you think about German brand AUTEC? Type W.....

8x18 ET50

Mish View likes this.
  4. Mish View likes this.
  5. I like them a lot. they look quite good ( OZ type of design ) , cost way less, are easy to clean. If you are not 100% track focused, you will be happy with 9 KG per wheel. in other cases you would not choose anyway 18inch for track use.

6. 75% of times my Meggy will be on track.... :smile:

7. then buy 17 inch wheels, 18 are a bit too much if you are after lap times

8. I haven’t 17” measure on car book, i can’t fit them

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Mish View likes this.
  9. 8x18” et47 235/40/18, KW CS, -1.5 camber at rear, 2 persons, roll cage, loaded with bikes and other goods for a long weekend trip, on a bumpy country roads the rear rubs a bit sometimes is it normal? I have soften a bit the dampers, will hardening them help?

10. aaa

aaa

I'm looking to buy some Japan Racing JR29 18x8,5 ET48 wheels. Do you think they will fit with 235/40 tyres or will they rub on the stock 275 CUP suspension?

11. not the suspension to worry about it’s wheel arch but should fit perfectly

12. Lovely wheels.
    C276E630-BA4E-41DD-A8A8-F601DDE3FA5F.png

13. aaa

aaa

yup. I just want to be sure they will fit well and don't rub the wheel arches with the stock CUP suspension setup.
    Also, they will fit over the Reyland Sport 355mm brake upgrade kit. Right? :smile:

RS_Rowe likes this.
  14. should do as these are all standard aftermarket items and sizes for these cars

15. Problem with the Meg is its awkward OEM wheel spec, which is 18x8.25 ET65. On stock suspension you don't want to deviate from that offset too much otherwise you risk ruining the handling and ET48 is quite far from that. I've seen a few members on here run 18x9 ET55 and also 18x8.5 ET55. Seems to be a bit of a sweet spot for stock suspension.

Track focused Megs tend to run in the realms of ET48 with proper coilovers running a decent amount of camber.

16. 8 x 18 ET47 on coilovers - sits perfect with no camber needed and no rubbing.

17. aaa

aaa

I understand. I don't want to ruin the cars performance since I will track it a few days per year. Is ET55 a sweet spot? Or going near the stock setup, like 8.5J ET60 will be even better?

18. aaa

aaa

I'm having a hard time finding some ET55 8.5J 18' wheels. Will 8J ET55 wheels be ok for track use? I've found some Fondmetal 9RR wheels 18x8J, ET55

19. Aren't we all, been searching a long long time, best I came up with are Team Dynamics 1.3's, managed to buy a set a while ago, ordered 3 sets from Demon Twats, but only 1 set turned up and i was refunded for the other 2 after a few weeks.

I ordered some for my mk2 from JJc race and rally, paid for them and then a few weeks later no delivery and they couldn't give me a delivery date, so had a refund.
    Found out there part of the same company as Demon Twats, so another one i won't deal with.

ET55 8j will fit without a problem, sure the standard offset is ET65, in my opinion your better off using standard wheels they are 8.25j and the correct offset, so they are wider so you can get 225/235 and 245, maybe 255 at a real push.

20. yer proper struggling find 8.5J in ET55

the 8J ET55 are near perfect option

21. It's a balance between how much you want to fill the wheel arches and how far you are willing to stray from the factory setup. 8.5J ET60 is closer to OEM ET65 but would only fill the arches 8mm more than the standard wheels. This is a great website if you want to work out easily what will fit: https://www.willtheyfit.com

I'm currently debating with myself if I should go 8.5J or 9J ET55.

22. I think all us have that debate on our minds:grinning::grinning::grinning: I love the Speedline 2120 for the Rs N4 made for rallys, but they have a 50 offset, I´m afraid to loose the standard handling. But the fact is that wheels was created for a rally car, so I want to believe the Meg will work fine. I don´t know!!:weary::weary::weary:

23. OZ make wheels in 18x8.5 et55

24. aaa

aaa

Only Allegrita they're selling 8.5, which I don't like so much :smile:. At least that's what the dealer has told me. Ultraleggera are 18x9 ET55

25. Yes it was alleggerita I used to have, Braid might make something in those specs though.

26. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

TD is no more to be fair
    Braid will make whatever you want

27. Braid make wheels to the specifications you want. The Fullrace model is so cool in fact, but they aren´t cheap.

28. Knew i should have kept my two sets, now i need them again :tired::tired:

29. aaa

aaa

Thank you for the tip. Indeed, they are making Fullrace and Forged 18x8.5J ET60 which is almost the OEM fit :smile:
    Forged are expensive while FULLRACE FF are a bit cheaper than OZ

manugtt likes this.
  30. Would 8.5j 245 40r18 et 45 be ok with lowering Springs?

31. So funnily enough, this has just come up on my thread regarding remapping my car, but lads and ladies, I have 245 40R 18's all round on the car, no rubbing issues from what I can see, stock suspension, but if I were to lower it, would it cause any issues?

32. For front camber is your friend that helps keep wheels off the arches, with rear only problem could be daft plastic clips sticking out wheel arch liners and can be removed

Mr Spoon likes this.
  33. This is good info guys. I'm driving myself up the wall trying to decide on wheels. I might take up forging in the meantime and make my own.

I'm struggling to decide between even the fundamentals - 17 or 18" I like the idea of the saving of circa £100 on a set of wheels - but worried that I'm going to get understeer which I hate, and the Meg is currently so strong.

I'm thinking 17" will give me a touch more clearance and allow me to get the car looking lower than I could comfortably get with an 18"

For my road wheels I have 19" Fondmetal - and I can tell the difference in initial turn in compared to the std 18's I had before.

The thing is it's not just one variable - moving to a 17" but with a 9" how does that compare to an 18" with an 8" - AHHH

OZ Ultraleggera seem like the default choice, but wanted something a little more exotic.

34. Would be interested in this too - This is another option for me

Mike

35. 2=240&tyrecirc2=1959.72549507&wheel_width=228.6&wheeldia2=431.8&offset2=45&poke2=69.3&inset2=159.gif Looks like what I'm trying to achieve as well - Rolling radius looks similar - just a bit more 'poke'. Now what website do I go on to virtually compare the handling? :wink:

36. Hi just to help anyone else looking for 17's that give a bit of extra 'poke' but within the realms of original offset the following are options - here are the offsets of three of the ones i'm considering

Protrak One - 17" x 9 ET45 5x114.3 - Weight - 7.5kg - £995
    Oz Ultraleggera - 17" x 7.5 ET40 5 x 114.3 - weight - 7.64kg - £1040
    Rota Titan - 17" x 9 ET 42 5 x 114.3 - Weight - 7.58kg - £720

I think given I want red wheels I'm going to go for the Protrak ones (Given I would have to spend £300 getting either of the other options painted)

Goten likes this.
  38. so did this take any modification to fit at all?

39. Looking for some help guys

Found this picture on Facebook for a Meg with oz racing alleggerita hlt on I can see the tyre size from the picture so I know they are 18" but can any help with what they think the wheel specs could be as they seam to fit really nice

Tyre size is 235 40 18

6c72bec8dcc9db98f1d28b91b1ab47fa.jpg
    c7908f611ca9e5f1ba7517a3916fdb53.jpg
    0099bc12eec04ddeb3aa67e7dc17f349.jpg
    c27f2845840abc20dfbf3de1b35c90de.jpg
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40. No real way of knowing unless you have seen these specific wheels. However I think HLT only come in a few sizes which would fit the meg:

18 x 7 et 45 & et 50
    18 x 7.5 - et 48
    18 x 8 - et 45
    18 x 8.5 - et 55

Based on those pictures and i very much doubt someone would fit a 7" or 7.5" id say they are either the 18 x 8 or 18 x 8.5.

Both would look pretty much the same with the 18 x 8.5 sticking out about 2mm more than the 18 x 8 et 45.

To fit them it would be idea to have a little bit of camber on the fronts so just bare this in mind.