Megane 3 RS Wheel Fitment guide.

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by -Jamie-, Sep 4, 2018.

1. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Courtesy of the wheel guru himself, Matt West.

This is just a guideline
    Let me try some this up

5x114.3 with a center bore of 66.1

If you are running stock suspension/H&R springs you ideally want to stick to
    18x8 ET45-50
    18x8.5 ET45-55
    18x9 ET55

If you have suspension you can adjust the camber on the front

17x8.5 ET40-50
    17x9 ET42-55 (lower end will need more camber)
    18x8 ET35-45
    18x8.5 ET40-50
    18x9 ET42-55 (as with 17x9)

No this is obviously a guideline and the tyre style and widths will impact this.

Personally with about -2 degrees front camber 18x8.5 ET45 with a 235/40/18 is the best fitment.

On a personal level anything under ET40 feels pretty shit

StephRS, Ryan Butler, Cazper and 6 others like this.
  2. Does the 19s sit ok with h&r springs?

3. Yes.
    Sits that little bit more lower and doesn’t look like you need spacers desperately.

4. That is a nice bit of info there and will help many like me, good work Matt and Jamie.

5. Anyone got anything similar for the MK2? Currently on the hunt for some wider wheels!

6. Cup and H&R springs, with a 8.5J ET45 wheel works OK for me.
    Front is okay up to 235/40/18, but on the limit. On the rear 225/40/18 already rubs with big bumps.

Personally wouldn't go below ET50 when running 8.5J wheels with stock suspension.

7. great info. does anyone knows the weight of the stock 18 wheels?

8. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Around 11kgs for the Cup wheels

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  9. Hey. I need help about the rims. I've been looking for rims for two years but each one does not fit. I decided to ask you in your forum.

I want to buy 19''. I have a Eibach suspension.

A year ago I tried to put on rims Oxigin Concave 19'' ET42. They looked amazing but they did not fit. They rubbed rear wheel arch.

felgi_1.jpg

Will the ET45 19 fit with Eibach ?

Does anyone of you already have such a set?

Greetings from Poland.

10. super guide :smile: ta

11. Regarding wheel sizes, I have OZ ultraleggera 18" Et55 9j on my megane 250.
    Would Ex BTCC slicks in 265/660R18 size be an ok fit?
    Would they need the arch liners removing? Not a problem if so as the car is only used for driving to and from track days.
    Car is on coilovers running -2 deg Camber.

12. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Should fit ok but tyres are a bit too wide for that rim. Need a 9.5 or 10j for the current btcc sizes, plus you'll need more camber

13. Cheers, Just found info, 235/640r18 Slick designed for a 9" wide rim

14. Hi,
    19x8.5 et45 with Michelin Pilot Sport 235/35 will fit?
    I have z-performance zp08 with this parameters, but 5x112 - with special bolt should be fit?

Thank you!

15. If you don't have a stock suspension setup, it might fit. Do expect it to rub in the rear with stock suspension, front should be OK.

16. It means that harder suspension will avoid rubbing in the rear wheel arch?

17. Additional camber would prevent it from rubbing. On my car 18" 8.5J ET45 with 225/40/18 rubs slightly under heavy use.

18. What width are standard 250 cup wheels?
    On a cup packed car running H&R’s can I use 225/40/18’s without issue and is the extra cost of tyres worth it to get 235?

19. Standard wheels are 8.25j (wide) 225 will be fine

20. What’s the common size everyone seems to get in the TD 1.2 and OZ wheels and have no issues on Hr or cooksport springs etc. Thanks

21. 8 x 18 with maybe ET50 or ET45

22. I'm desperately trying to find a set of MOTEC Nitro MCR1s that will sit nice on my RS250. I've been quoted on a set of 9x18 ET50, which is the only fitment that comes close. I have a Bilstein B14 on the way, but didn't originally plan to fit adjustable top mounts. Can I swing that width without adjusting the camber? Guess it'll be too much?

23. If you’re gonna go as far as adjustable’s I would encourage to fit topmounts, applying camber makes huge difference to handling these vehicle and kinda defeats reason for aftermarket shocks if not going to apply camber plus then you’ll be good with the 9” wheel

HASLE likes this.
  24. I'm using the car as a daily, so running a lot of negative camber isn't that ideal for me. The reason I went with the B14s, was mainly because I also needed new dampers, not so much because I needed the adjustability. I might just end up going with a set of Motec Ultralights in stead, as they're available in 8x18 ET50. :smile:

25. Did anyone try H&R Springs on 19" Steev RS wheels 235/35/R19 ? Does it fit okay?

26. did anyone have 9j wheels with offset 45-50 and with lower suspension ?
    Does it fit okay?

27. Do you still need an answer to this as that’s the setup I have?

28. I have some 9x18 ET55 and a Bilstein B14 to go on in the next few weeks - I can send some pictures your way once they're on, so you can see how they sit. I expect that they'll stick out a bit in the front, but will see.

29. It will be great if you send me some photos.

30. Got the B14 on last week, and the Ultraleggeras this afternoon. They're 9x18 ET55, and it's lowered about 35-40 mm (not final yet, still adjusting). No negative camber or anything, running stock top mounts. They fit very well! The fronts kinda look too wide from some angles, but they're well under the wing. :smile:

Attached Files:

31. Offset looks perfect to me but no way is car lowered in those foto’s

32. Sure is. Not slammed by any means, but lowered yes. Didn't measure the ride height before adjusting it, so not sure how much it's lowered by exactly. It had just come off the lift though, so that might have affected it. This is how it sits: hasle_oz918_05.jpg

33. Ah yes looks lower in that shot, but not by silly amount so drive shafts will be v happy

HASLE likes this.
  34. when we need to use driveshaft spacer?

35. only when going silly low like when tyre is tucked under wheel arch

36. Hi guys, I'm looking around at some used rims/tyres and need some help!
    Great guide btw, really helpful!
    I have a 2012 250 trophy, running stock 19" steevs.
    I'm considering getting either 18" or 19" rims, and just wanted to know what will pass for my car!
    Will 18x8 with an offset of +40, running 225/40r18 fit without any rubbing issues?
    And for 19", what's the minimum offset I could go. I've been in reading don't go anything under +40. But will +40 and higher be okay?
    Heaps of rims I'm finding don't have much higher of an offset so I'm struggling!
    Thanks for the help!

37. 45 is limit really so 40 bit pokeie outie and pushing scrub radius a good way away from manufactures design, agree most wheels are around this figure

team dynamics do a 55 in there latest 1.3 wheel

38. 18x8.5" 5x114.3 ET44

What kind of setup would these need? With the pcd you could get away with alot of jdm wheels. Would I need camber adjust? Or think I'd get away with it. Worried about the ET mainly

40. Awesome probably won't do it till next year time im on the look out for a set of tfs3 rotas. Look a bit like f1s, driftworks have them on sale atm.