250 Megane 3 RS Stg1 boost ?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by VeloceRS, Sep 24, 2023.

1. The other day I did an ATM remap on an RS250. I don't understand one thing. Boost starts to decrease after 5500 rpm even though it is set to 1.6 bar? At 6000rpm I only have 1.4bar.. Is that the maximum for that turbo or do I have a problem? Or the wategate actuator is causing the problem..

2. If it's a stock turbo your doing well - it's sized/selected for more bottom end quick spooling compared to top end flow.
    Attached is what my RS250 with a tune and sports cat downpipe delivers - but has stock turbo. I doubt you have a wastegate problem, or any problem if its a stock turbo.

Boost pressure and AFR.png

Thats the attraction of going to hybrid turbos - a larger compressor wheel will help a little, but you need to do both turbine and compressor wheel increases, along with downpipe + exhaust improvements.
    Stock
    tdo4l-15t OEM Factory Turbo
    exhaust wheel
    exducer 41.2mm
    inducer 46.8 mm

intake/compressor wheel
    inducer 42.0 mm
    exducer 56.0mm

Typical hybrid
    eg
    tdo4hl-20t
    exhaust wheel
    exducer 45.6mm
    inducer 52.1mm

intake/compressor wheel
    inducer 47.0mm
    exducer 58mm

VeloceRS, Muxa, E-A and 1 other person like this.
  3. Yes, the turbo is stock. I thought he could push through that pressure :sweatsmile:
    Thanks for the log, I saw that it's similar with you, ~5500rpm ~ 1.4-5bar. Do you have a dyno graph?
    This is my log, WOT 4th gear.

Attached Files:

Muxa likes this.
  4. Sorry for off topic, but how/where did you get that v. 7.0 (beta)?

5. 1.6 bar is a fair bit of boost for stock 15t.

Its normal for a td04 turbo to drop pressure at higher rpm, even the larger hybrid 20t cannot hold lots of boost top end.

Ive been advised off my mapper that high boost at high rpm on a td04 hybrid can cause the turbo to overspeed, and drastically shorten the lifespan.

VeloceRS likes this.
  6. From Fastchip

7. Sure that was obvious, but did you ask for it separately or is it downloadable from some link or how? Apparently none of these v. 7.x are publicly available and v. 6.x hasn't been updated in years.

8. The version I downloaded had a bug, so Henk sent me a different version

kimbe likes this.
  9. what program is it for logging ?

10. bFlash

11. Timing Retard?

Attached Files:

• 132.jpg
      132.jpg
      File size:
      241.4 KB
      Views: