Megane 3 RS gearbox Rebuild

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Barnett, May 28, 2019.

1. My Megane 250 cup has got a bearing whine and im planning on rebuilding it, however im having difficulty finding a rebuild kit that matches the gearbox part number (PK4-018)

has anyone purchased these parts and can you point me in the right direction for getting it?

the only kit i can find is this one -
    https://www.onestopgearboxshop.com/...earbox-uprated-snr-bearing-rebuild-repair-kit

i spoke to them today and they are saying this will fit but the code is different to the one i have...

any help would be appreciated!

2. where are you based, i can recommend a company that specialize in gearboxes refurb and they know the PK4 in and out as they are fitted on a massive amount of vehicles in different variants, GearTech in Kidderminster if you are not too far.
    they did mine and are more than happy with the quality of the service i got and the price they charge is very decent too.

3. Im in hertfordshire aha. im not necessarily looking for someone else to rebuild it as im planing on doing it myself. im more struggling to actually get a parts kit to replace the bearings and seals in the box that im struggling with. would geartech supply this if i spoke to them do you think?

4. you can always ask they are very nice and helpful over the phone,
    they fitted an uprated steel roller cage bearing on mine instead of the plastic version than oem fits
    i did ask them specifically to do this and was no issues for them,
    i am sure they can source it with no issues

5. ive just spoken to them and for parts included he said £400. only issue is the travel up there would cost a fair bit hence why i would prefer to rebuild it myself. i understand its done properly by them but cant justify the full amount it would cost

6. Awesome thanks mate ill get the gearbox apart and see whats needed!

7. Is that £400 all in for the rebuild? You take the box to them and up to you to refit or do they remove and refit? (In that price).
    Wonder if they can do the MK3 Clio’s for that too?

8. you would have to take the gearbox to them mate. its £400 for the rebuild only and when speaking with the guy he diffidently had some knowledge with the renault boxes not just the megane ones. i would defo say your in safe hands with those guys!

9. Last time i did mine ( 1 year ago) you can add £150 for removal and refitting of the gearbox on the car