Megane 3 rs gearbox mount.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Nshan Karoghlanian, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Hello everyone!
    I read so many threads about the 250 rs gearbox mount and the solutions with the bigger screw.
    I have been doing that for 3 times now and instead of the bolt breaking, I'm getting the whole mount cut in half.
    Did anyone find a definitive solution? A cnc made part as replacement or any other way to get over this once and for all??
    Thank you mates! Screenshot_20210419-060840_WhatsApp.jpg Screenshot_20210419-060827_WhatsApp.jpg

2. wow there's something quite wrong there to snap that mount, you checked rest of engine mounts ? two up top and the anti rotate gearbox arm by exhaust underneath ??

3. Yes, all the other mounts are all working fine. But the engine mount has a black powerflex insert.

4. could be if all others are rubber and top if stiffer some kind of torque is being applied to the alloy mount causing to shear, maybe upgrade the anti-rotate to Vibrasonic or similar.

5. So you think if I upgrade all the other mounts, less pressure will be applied to this mount? Because this one doesn't have any upgraded version :/
    If I make the whole engine+gearbox attached to the chassis with stronger mounts, will the torque on this mount be less?

6. Well that’s theory but have realise without seeing the vehicle it’s just an idea. But clearly something is applying huge amount of disproportionate torque on that component

7. Okay then, will upgrade all mounts and give it a try! Thanks mate!