Megane 3 facelift RS Trophy & Trophy R

Discussion in 'Megane Media' started by Dimitri_BRP, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Just got inside info that with the World Series by Renault in July (Nurburgring) they will announce these 2.

Trophy R(adical) is most expensive one. (+-45k€) with Ohlins suspension, carbon poleposition seats, roll cage and much more goodies

:cool:

2. This sounds good! Need pictures and more details I'm drooling at the mouth here

3. I hope that Ohlin suspension will fit straight onto the current model :wink:

4. Believe it when I see it and if it's true I think they will really struggle to sell them. Also r26.r owners will be pretty pissed I would imagine.

5. €45k so were talking 40gs for a renault? It will never sell. Its gotta be something pretty special to sell! Would love to see it though!

6. +1 and I can't see why not!

Cant wait to see this new model

7. The R26.R won't drop in price just because their bringing a new one out at 40k , may even work in the R owners favour, rather spend 40k on a cayman R not a Renault

8. The Boosh!

The Boosh! RSM Admin

Difference with a Cayman R is the upkeep of it. Yes you can drive around track all day with it, but what about when it needs brakes/ tyres/ something goes pop. Running costs on a Megane will be much less.

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Will be stupid money IF ​it actually comes out, I would be going with some Nitrons/Clubsports

10. If you've got 40k to spend on a car then your not short of a few quid, immjust saying 40k for a Renault is a lot of money

11. I'd rahere pay 12k for a 250 and spend 3k on it , leave 25k in the bank

12. Dan

Dan

Porsche running cost are not as bad as you'd think..

My 996 GT3 used to go to main dealer for servicing but an Indy for anything else.. So can't see a Cayman R being that much.

13. Why ?

14. Will believe this one when I see it. Could be very low volume run perhaps from renault sport.

Dave

15. They won't drop rob, not bothered anyway rob just use the fooker and enjoy it

16. If I had that much it wouldn't be spent on a meg
    i wouldn't worry to much about depreciation at the end of the day if you enjoy the car then it doesn't matter your r's will always be worth more than ours anyway and if they do drop in price they will be hard to get hold of because more people will want therefore yours will be even more envied in my opinion

17. Yeah, not fussed at all mate. I'm never selling :wink:

The original Williams Clio still commands more of a premium than the lesser 2nd and 3rd editions. This, if it happens will be the same, especially as it will be based on the facelift model. That Renault badge on the front must weigh at least 100kg.

18. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Give it a year or two and they will be worth 15-20k anyway, Good old RS depreciation

19. They wont be 40k

20. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

How not?

Top Spec RS265 is pushing 30k, Add in 4-5k worth of Suspension, 4k Worth of seats and cage plus Ti Exhaust and whatever else it might have if it ever comes round, I wouldn't be surprised if it was that much, Or close to it

21. It wont, you've got to take out the value of all the original seats, the Ti exhaust is an option anyway I expect. I will be suprised if it's as high as 35k if released. I know it may seem like 4k's of suspension but renault wont be paying the same price as joe blogs buying 1 set.

22. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

How much was the R26.R when it was released?

I would expect at least 10k on top of that tbh

23. £23k I think, remember although you're getting some uprated parts the ethos is to actually strip parts, like no A/C, no climate control etc etc. So the cost wont be a top spec megane + the additional parts. If it's a fully loaded car I would be dissapointed.

24. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah I know that but everyone else charges for less now lol, GT3 RS is the extreme example haha

25. Ha, well thats a bit different to a megane. It's more like a road friendly race car.

26. got confirmation from my importer... max 250 cars will be made (Trophy R)

27. I'll be getting my name down for one then for sure

28. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

looking forward to it. Kings of FWD are renault!

29. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

interesting, be good to see some solid proof of these, will keep my eye out at work.

30. I have exactly the same info... So the question is IF the new seat cupra R did beat the MRS's NR record like they claim - sub 8min, how long they gonna enjoy it :smile: kinda same with the Astra VXR, they are about to announce 340hp track focused version and aiming for sub 8min lap time.. Its gonna be hot at NR this year :smile:

31. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Until it is official i still don't believe it.

I know there was a 300bhp current Megane testing extensively at the Ring last year though :wink:

32. if they did not change anything (considering newly released hot hatches) then 300hp is a myth :smile:

33. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It isn't a myth, Thats a fact know by quite a few people in Nurburg.

34. Trophy R will have full titanium akrapovic exhaust

35. This akrapovic exhaust was on the "hot lap" megans on the Renautl Sport Track days.
    It was totaly different, compare to my stock car. very very nice

36. I wonder if this means Akrapovic will make a system available for 250/265 I'd change my Scorpion in a heart beat for one of those beasts :smiley:

37. I don't know anything about that but they are unofficially speaking about less hp for the R version, that doesn't mean they did not test it with 300hp though..

Nick3814: better to start digging some gold nuggets.. won't be cheap I guarantee that

38. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Tbh all the current Megane needs Is 300bhp and some sticky tyres to go sub 8min

39. Paying for it won't be a problem mate, would be worth every penny :wink: