Megane 275 Trophy

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by shauncr91, Sep 15, 2019.

1. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Great stuff by Chris as usual!

Guess it made closer to 400ftlbs before being wound back?

2. I think from memory it was around 380 at its highest, after discussion with Chris and him mentioning that some cars have been known to have issues when going higher than around 350 I wanted to keep it as safe as realistically possible.

3. Eventful day today, started by taking the car to StageX for him to unlock Android Auto on the headunit, great service from him was done in just 15mins and the functionality is spot on. Much cheaper than updating the TomTom maps as it can use Google maps now.

Then on to Source Sounds in Sheffield for some advice about upgrading my stereo system as the speakers in this car are so poor I rarely use the radio for this reason. After much deciding we settled on replacing the door speakers and tweeters with their Rainbow DL-C5 kit, powered by an amplifier in the spare wheel well and an Audison compact sub in the boot (With inbuilt amplifier). All kit is being fitted by them also so will be a very clean professionaly install :smile:

4. Good figures Shaun, should drive really nicely now.

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah sounds about right, we made over 390 with mine then wound it back for longevity

6. ignore

7. Hi
    you b14 setup at lower position?

8. The rears are all the way down, front is about 4-5mm from lowest position.

9. shauncr91 and NotaDiesel!!! like this.
  10. Hey @shauncr91 have you had any issues with the top mounts. I am looking at getting some for fitment to the standard suspension. I guess the camber can be adjusted fairly easily before a track day and reverted back to a degree or so for road and to improve tyre wear afterwards?
    P.S. Awesome car love it!

11. just for info if adjust top mount it affects toe as well

12. I see, surely nothing stopping me adjusting for desired settings though using a geometry/alignment shop?
    Something like -.1 toe (road and track) and -1 (road) to -2.5 (track) degrees negative camber?