Megane 275 trophy wanted

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by B8sy, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Hi,

Just wanted to pop a message up to say I'm on the hunt for a 275 trophy and if anyone is considering selling theirs or wants to entertain a discussion to see if we can do a deal then please message me. Happy to chat even if it doesn't end in a purchase /sale.

I'm a previous r26 owner and always wanted a 275 trophy.

Thanks.

2. Black one just appeared at ktec.

They have a high spec black cup-s also.

Good luck with your hunt.

3. Thank you I'll take a look now!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

4. Liquid yellow at K Tec isn’t a Cup S but it has the Cup S sticker on the front for some reason. Still a lovely motor but if it was a LY Cup S that would have been a rare sight indeed.

5. LY Cup-S not that rare....... I look out the window at one.

Yep the Cup-S is Black at KTEC also.

6. Been watching around for ages for a LY Cup S to come up. How many is there about, I know the S’s are fairly rare and I always see them in the red. There was a grey one on pistonheads a while back I think and it was gone pretty quick. Would love a LY.

7. I think there were only 100 or so Cup-S built. I like to keep my eyes on the used market. I have only seen one other ly Cup-S in 2 years for sale. A low spec car looked my cars mirror but only had the 19s not the other big cost options.

As you say alot of flame red about. Was the press car colouf and a new colour on the meg. Really suits the car.

Been keeping eyes out for a low miles good spec 200 to pair with it. But they are just as rare. 182s are the same.

8. My mate is looking to sell his ly trophy R shortly, what’s your budget?

9. Yes definitely interested. Budget really does depend on mileage and condition but it should be in the right place. If I private message my phone number could you pass it on?

10. Yeah no problem mate pm me it and I’ll get him to call you.

11. I stupidly didn't pay attention to the fact you'd wrote it was a trophy r, I need the rear seats so I'll keep on searching.

I've enquired about the black one at KTR but it's probably the only colour I didn't want as I'm in to car Detailing and black cars are a nightmare for my ocd.

12. Does anyone know the spec of the black trophy at KTR ? Mileage ? It looks a very nice car. Just wondering on the price as I paid a bit less for my trophy 3 month ago!!! is that overpriced or did I just get a very good deal.

13. Just the classic Ktec tax. Everything they sell tends to be a bit pricey.

Christopher carenduff likes this.
  14. Looks like it has ohlins but only 18s, Although seems to be a preference for 18s over 19s at the moment.

Not sure if its that overpriced. Covid seems tl be pushing everything up. And its at a dealer which will have a 2k mark up.

If anything megs were underpriced given there rarity. High end megs with the options were listing well over 30k new. I think my cup s would have been touching £35k list even if it was heavily discounted to sell. price wise up with type r, golf r, focus rs. Used to win all the road tests.

Yet is well under those rivals on price now.

It also has the halo effect if the trophy r which are +25k with similar driving dynamics and more practicality.

15. I paid 14k for my trophy with 39k on it and had just had the belts all done 2 month previous with proof of receipts. Maybe thats just about the right price for a trophy ? Don't get me wrong I think they could have sold the car 13 x over I was just luckily enough to be first to call and put a deposit down straight away. Does look as tho megane rs hold a bit of value compare to the clios anyway!!! It was a honda dealer I purchased the car from.

16. I'm glad you put that, I've been offered a trophy via Facebook, FSH, new brake discs and pads and belts just done this month. It's on 59k miles and they want £15,500. Sounds a bit high priced now...

I'd pay that but only for a low miles example with the belts done.

17. Do you know if the ohlins are really worth it or is that standard setup more than enough for road use?

18. I think you did very well. I don't think others will be so lucky.

Likely a combination of a Honda dealer not knowing what they had combined with them giving it a punt before putting to trade for £13k.

Has it got ohlins?

19. I would say they are worth it but then I am a car snob and not a good driver. I also put alot of Faith in the motiring journalists. Also if I did not need 3 Seats I would have had a trophy r. (SNOB thing again). As i can't have one next best thing is a car with ohlins and Akra.

I an sure cup shocks are fine and alot less hassle in the long run.

I am also sure in the not to distant future I will have some cup suspension on while mine get refurbed. Then I will answer this question again!

B8sy likes this.
  20. Hi, if being honest I would have paid that for the car so wouldn't let the price I paid for the car put you off the one your looking at to be honest. I think I was just lucky. They are honestly mega cars. I was really impressed when I got the car with everything it does. I couldn't believe the price for the car I purchased that why I out a deposit down straight away and then 13 people tried to purchase the car in the 3-4 days before I picked the car up.

21. Yeah @NotaDiesel!!! I agree with you I think I was pretty lucky. I didn't expect to get a trophy for that price especially with that mileage. Mines has the cup suspension so that would orob make it that bit cheaper. But I am still mega happy with it. They are very capable cars. I don't think £15.5k is overpriced i think I just got a really good deal. I don't think the Honda garage realised what model it was till it went uo for sake and all the interest was in the car .

Beau likes this.
  22. There were 130 Cup-S' made – 41 Flame Red and only 10 Liquid Yellow so they're pretty rare with Flame Red being the most 'common'. Such a shame that more people didn't buy them new, so many people don't know what they're missing out on!

I had Cup suspension on my old 250 and now have the Ohlins on my Cup S. From what I can remember of the Cup suspension, the Ohlins are better at coping with undulations and rough surfaces and remain more composed, but I wouldn't be put off by a car without them.

I need to get mine rebuilt which ultimately will cost circa £1K and that needs doing every 4-5 years. Akra, Recaros and climate were compulsory for me but I can give or take other options. Cup suspension is still great and brilliant on track – never had a moment on any track day where I felt like I needed coilovers.

NotaDiesel!!! likes this.
  23. They are so rare and was not even a Ltd edition. To only sell 130 cars in a year. Compared that to a clio trophy where there was 500 limited around 6 months.

I saw some new meg trophy touching £40k on autotader. That they were doing the 275 for £24k list just 4 years ago and alot of people were getting discounts to take them below £20k. They were essentially in the same price bracket as a mk7 fiesta st. Absolute bargain.

But i have people at work who say they would never buy a French car.

24. I'm going to hold off for a better deal, I think if the Facebook one was a lower mileage car then I'd pay 15.5 even though I know some of you got some much better prices. But 15.5 and almost 60k miles is too much for my liking.

25. These are the people that have never been in a Renault sport on a twisty B road and think they’d easily outrun you in their boxster.

26. I had my r26 a week when a brand new porsche 911 carrera tried to get away from me on a twisty b road. It was squirming out of tight corners and would then pull a gap down small straights but every corner I was more confident on the brakes and on the power so early, stuck behind him for a good few corners before I let him go. Had a mate in a merc that couldn't keep up behind while it was going on.

27. Just seen on facbook a white megane 275 trophy for sale mileage 47k its prices at 15k. @B8sy

28. Looks to be full spec with ohlins and 19 inch alloys too.

29. Fair enough. Depends on what you are using for and how long you are keeping it.

If its a second car to do 2k a year its a bit different to doing 10k a year and punting on in a couple of years with 80k on it.

30. I can't find that one no matter what I search!

31. I've tried searching 2015 275 trophy, megane 275 trophy, renaultsport megane, nothing finds that car. At 15k it sounds a reasonable deal as well if the belts have been done.

32. To Be honest. The K-TEC cars are not looking like bad value. Especially if you could negotiate a belt change in with the price.

Given both cars there are sub-40k and come with a 6 month warranty.

33. Too slow haha

B8sy likes this.
  34. Each to their own but personally I wouldn't have my heart so firmly set on a Trophy. If it's for daily use i'd recommend you also look out for 265 and 275 Nav models. These had all the daily niceties as standard like climate control, cruise control, auto wipers and lights, reverse camera etc.. and could be optioned with the cup pack as well as either Recaros or heated leather versions of the standard seats.

If you do specifically want the Trophy name and rarity then fair enough. There's of course nothing wrong with that but in my opinion it's not worth the hassle when the standard cup chassis Meg is 99.9% as good, though I appreciate everyone is different.

35. Thats a gutter mate. Looked to be decent price and very good spec.

B8sy likes this.
  36. It was me who put the deposit on it, sorry B8sy

37. Very valid points, this won't be a daily purchase, I'll be doing 2 to 3 thousand miles per year. A weekend toy and potentially commuting to work 1 day a week once I'm no longer working from home. Whilst the pricing is very similar at the moment, I also believe the trophy will hold value a little bit better from this point on.

Re sale is much easier with the trophy as well, I've seen a few well specced 275 nav and Cup s for sale, where as trophies seem to dissappear almost over night.

My heart is definitely set on a trophy.

38. I could spend 15.5 knowing people have paid a grand or so less but not 17.5k, its just too much.