Megane 250 questions.

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Gareth, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Hi,

I’m in the market for a 250 and have my eye on 2 at the moment and just want some advice.
    First one is a cup packed Full Fat, leather Recaro’s, Vision Pack, RS monitor and dual climate control. 68k miles and had cambelt changed 4 years ago. Price is £9995 - I offered the garage £9500 but they refused to go a penny under the asking price.

The second is a cup with fabric Recaro’s, and standard heating control, no RS monitor or vision pack. It has 77k miles but is remapped. Price is £9500.

My questions are would I really miss the RS monitor and climate control? Are they that necessary?
    Is there any difference with the fabric Recaro’s compared to leather(other than the obvious)? I’ve sat in the leather ones and they are a lot comfier that expected.
    The car will be used for daily driving and spirited drives with my friends.
    Which am I best opting for? Is the £500 justified with leather etc over the cup?

Thanks
    Gareth

2. I would keep looking, both are overpriced and you can get RS monitor added after

3. I have the RS monitor on mine, used it once on a track day keep forgetting to set it, on track you need to concentrate on the driving, not on the monitor.

I had full heated leather seats but they have been replaced with buckets and 5 point harnesses, so can't help on that

4. What would be a expected price for both?

5. So it’s just something I’d use for the first week and forget about it?

6. Yes that's about the way it is, i have used the G meter once, it doesn't store anything so to me its a gimmick

7. It's worth it for changing the throttle response, but apart from that I don't use mine. The one at the garage I would not pay more than 9k for, and the other no more than 8.5k

8. The xenons and power folding mirrors in the visibility pack is well worth it. Also the leather will be far better wearing.
    Worth more than the £500 difference in price.

9. They are both for sale in garages, sorry should have mentioned that.
    I originally offered £9k then tried £9.5k and hit a wall. They gave the usual BS of margins etc. They state they have replaced the gearbox bearings and clutch and all discs and pads also so I think this is why they are being stubborn.

10. If they’ve done the above work, then absolutely it’s about margins. That’ll be a £1500+ bill alone.

Irrespective of if you think it’s a deal, overpriced or otherwise, personally, and talking from experience as I have the highest spec possible, the cars are worth more than £500 difference in price. Obviously there are other things that need bearing in mind.

imprezaworks likes this.
  11. Looking around on the internet there doesn’t seem to be many for sale for under £9500 with a decent spec.

12. There won’t. Very rare car. Very rare in high spec and carry a premium fo that reason. Prices do fluctuate wildly but that’s because of varying quality and specs.

13. What other things should I be looking for?

14. Mileage, condition, history, any faults or issues. You mentioned in other posts about a potential concern. That could be an obstacle but assuming all good on both, £500 difference is well worth it.

15. Managed to negotiate with the high specced one and will be putting a deposit down tomorrow and hopefully picking it up on Saturday.

Davyy, Mikeyjp, bobsan and 1 other person like this.
  16. I wanted that red megane badly! Congrats

imprezaworks and Gareth like this.
  17. Thanks mate.
    I’ve created a project thread on here if you want a look.

Davyy likes this.