Megane 250 intercooler

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by jayp250rs, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Airtec or forge probably been covered l. Heard lots of good things about the airtec?

2. Anyone?

3. Nmp

Nmp

Your new to the site like me, so probably won't get a reply. You have to be part of the gang of 6-7 people to get noticed,lol

4. Not sure that is strictly true ... I think it might be because the OP hasn't actually asked a question ... assume he wants info on those intercoolers?

5. I have an airtec fitted, not sure what can be said really but it seems to work pretty well as inlet temps barely ever go above the minimum 20 degrees the RS monitor reads to though it was fitted back in the autumn so hasn't been out in high temps.

It was a bit of a shit to install, not a one man job imo though it may just have been me/my car being a bit awkward. Map and IC gave me 304bhp with the car starting at about 265.

:confused: where did that come from? threads been up less than 12 hours, give it a chance.

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I have one of the original large Forge ones to go on mine, Theres talk of high water temps with it but they come from hot countries so it should be fine in the UK/European climate. If i do have issues i plan to fit the Aux turbo cooler that Pro Alloy sell with their FMIC, which is also similar size to the Forge one.

I wouldn't say its a must do thing to them though if it isn't going to do a lot of track work IMO. I have ran mine on the stock cooler for over 2 years now and there has only been 2 times that i would of benefitted from one and that was during the heatwave we had back in 2013 in the summer on trackdays where i seen 60+ IAT's. Which is pretty good considering how many TD's i have done and how hard it gets used while on track.

Edit: I picked the Forge one up super cheap, If i hadn't i would of went for the Airtec item as its cheaper by far to buy that new than the Forge one.

I'm also planning on running Meth next year when the Megane makes the step to a track car just so i can ensure temps are as low as i can get them, More so with the extra power the Hybrid will be putting out

7. Cheers guys probably going to order a airtec grumpy twig what else do u have apart from cooler ie decat? Or anything else

8. Nothing just the IC and a remap, not decatting as I can't be bothered with the MOT hassle. Car feels like it should now anyway and 304bhp feels enough power in a FWD car :smile:

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Just a heads up, FMIC generally don't give you any power gains, they just keep temps consitant.

10. Yeh of course, just makes sure you have the power you have all the time and don't lose any due to the IC heat soaking.

11. Cheers guys also where did you get your remap?

12. Rstuning

13. Cool probably where I'll go tbf bit of a drive from Swindon but I'm sure it will be worth it. Ktec is only a hour away but heard more positive feedback from rs tuning