Megane 225 with Rs250 Turbo

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Jukidam, Feb 24, 2020.

1. I doesn't found a information about my problem.

In short: would the megane 250 turbo work without ecu tuning?

My engine ist out now and gets forged and I got a megane 250 turbo cheap now. It would be awesome if I could reassemble everything and go later to the tuner with 630 deka injectors (at the moment I only have the originals)

Much less pain then install the new turbo when the engine is in :grin:

Whats your thoughts about that?

2. It will work, but it's advisable to get your mapping adjusted to suit.

I've just had mine mapped and it ran 300bhp with power all the way to the limiter. The torque was limited to around 290lb-ft as it's got standard internals, if you've forged everything you'll be able to run more without issue.

3. Awesome with Standart clutch?

Mhm I'm just afraid if it would run too lean. Because I would maybe drive the car for a month like that before the new Forge internals are sitted down.

Something like 500-1000km

4. I fitted a SMF with the r26r cluth.

I wouldn't worry too much about it running lean, there isn't a great deal of difference between the two turbos and my previous mapping was poor so the map sensor etc were kicking in and dumbing down the throttle to save the engine! My injectors were running 111% and even then, wasn't too lean.

I'm sure if you go easy for 1000 km you'll be fine.

Jukidam likes this.
  5. That sounds good. How you measure your duty cycle. With elm and an app?

I will research it also but if you know it what is the maximum the megane 250 turbo can reach in ps?

And maybe the original clutch can handle? I bought a new one but original

6. The readings were taken by the mapper, not me.

I'm sure the clutch will be okay tbh. Previously, mine was worn but okay, it did slip badly in the wet on track but only because my friend simply can't drive and was constantly full throttle with the traction control trying to stop it spinning! It was fine when I drove it with more mechanical sympathy lol.

I imagine I'm somewhere close to what's possible with the 250 turbo.

Attached Files:

JJZ and Jukidam like this.
  7. Awesome! Thanks for the dyno Pic

It's incredible how much lbs you get at just 2500 and it holds very good till end.

Where your car get mapped?

So okay I think it will hold a year or something like that, enough to higher my budget for smf and r26r plate :grin:

8. Efi did the mapping.

The original map (red lines) was terrible, massive boost spike and wall of torque would give wheel spin at 80mph in 4th gear! Quite funny, but terrible to try and drive at speed!

With forged internals you could probably allow some more torque lower down but I should imagine you wont gain much more bhp top end, raising the limiter would probably be beneficial though.

9. Oh Okay I read it wrong, but I understand the problem there.

I would be more than happy with stable 300/300. I think more than this isn't really drivable without RWD / AWD...

I hear a lot about efi, in positive way. They are 1000 km away from me so I think that's not an option for me =/

10. Yes it was surprising how much torque was produced on the original map and how the engine even survived! It might look like a good number, but it was terrible to drive and should be much quicker out on track now as the tyres aren't breaking traction at every touch of the accelerator!

1000km is a long way, maybe you could use it as your bedding in period lol!

11. Awesome.
    I hear a lot about Standart 225 which makes more power than written in the COC.

Hahahh Yeah probably :sweatsmile:

12. Sorry, mine had been remapped prior to my ownership but it was a cowboy effort looking for huge power gains not drive ability.

I wouldn't get to exciting about numbers, it's about how it drives that's the most important thing.

Jukidam likes this.
  13. You are absolutely right.

We gonna see what happen when everything is done :grin:

14. As long as you don't thrash it it should be okay, ran mine okay like that until it was mapped.

It might be worth contacting Arthur (tutuur) on here, hes in Holland so a bit closer, i would use him if i could.

Jukidam likes this.
  15. I write him but he wasn't online in 2020. Also at the other forums I found only and try to contact him. Doesn't found an another way =/

16. I can contact him if you want me too

Jukidam likes this.
  17. That would be awesome. Could you give him my email/number?

I will write you a dm

18. Sorted :smile:

Jukidam likes this.