Megane 225 meets Focus ST

Discussion in 'Megane Media' started by MDP91, Apr 13, 2014.

1. So I was visiting my parents at the weekend and decided to meet up with my mate to see his new Focus ST. Took the camera out and here's a few snaps from the evening. Never really been a fan of the ST's but really really like his, very tidy example. Thought my Megane and Focus looked quite good together :smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks good I do like both cars :d

3. Great pics. I was deciding between the ST and the RS 6 months back and went for the Meg after hearing nightmare stories of fuel consumption on the ST. Having said that my friend has one that has the JS360 tuning pack on it and she's a weapon...!

4. Focus ST looks just so... ordinary. Meg is much better.

5. Focus looks big and clumsy next to the meg. Still nice though.

6. I will admit that the Focus ST is a lovely car, interior is (in my opinion) better than the Megane (II) RS with the gauges and dark roof lining etc. But to drive the Megane, even a non-Cup 225 it feels sharper and more dynamic than the ST. I drove an ST back to back with my Megane and off the line the ST felt noticeably slower (torque is limited in 1st/2nd) and it was a lot softer. As an all round fast car though, as in maybe a family car the ST is a superb all rounder.

The Megane II was always a far out design even the non RS and the Focus is very conservative. An ST in orange or with the decals stands out a bit but it never looked that special. The RS Megane stands out for all the right reasons without needing the unsubtle touches of the RS Focus.

Either way, both great cars and two lovely examples there. :smile:

7. I had this when I bought my meg, took the st out for a test drive and was great in a straight line with a great sound track but when I came to a roundabout and tried turning whilst carrying some speed it just didn't want to know, the meg just did it for me as an all rounder!

That being said I've never liked the 5 door rs's but your looks great in those photos matey

8. The noise from an ST is lovely but it's a bit of a cheat when you find out it's got some box that resonates the noise into the cabin.

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

What, like the RS250 has amongst others Alex :wink:

10. Both nice clean cars but that st looks massive compared to the meg the on
    y time I'd have another focus is if it was an rs

11. As above Renault put the same on the 250/265 and 197/200.

12. I knew they did it through the speakers in the turbo Clio 200 but didn't realise it was on those models.

Cheaters the lot of them!! Haha