Megane 225 in-car entertainment upgrade.

Discussion in 'Megane Media' started by Gary1986, Aug 31, 2015.

1. First and foremost, I bid all you fellow Renaultsport drivers a hello. First post here so let's see how this goes. Thanks in advance for any advice on this matter, I appreciate it.

Right, I love my Megane Cup so changing the car isn't on the agenda however I'm feeling I need to do some updates to interior features to keep up with the times, plus I'm a music lover who streams a lot from Spotify and the likes so the lack of an Aux input is bothering me, the interior as it stands is standard one, with six disc autochanger and radio/CD unit, this is what I'd like to change.

What I'm looking for, and it's been hit and miss on Google due to being unsure how to work it is an LCD touchscreen DVD/GPS unit. Seen a lot of good looking double DIN options around the Web but I'd like to use it for navigation too so more in my eyeline would be preferred. Does anyone know of a good, not horribly expensive upper dash mounted (where clock is above vents) unit meeting those criteria? The absolute perfect solution would be a retracting unit like the Carminat TomTom units on some models but I can't find anything close to that anywhere at all. Look forward to replies, thanks again! :-)

Ninja Edit: forgot to mention that if possible I'd prefer Android based over Windows 6.0 CE but not a deal breaker as long as it's got an attractive user interface.