Megane 225 clutch/slave pipe

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Christopher carenduff, Mar 3, 2022.

1. My friend is looking for a clutch/slave cylinder pipe for his megane 225 (pics below) does anyone have a good second hand one or know where to buy new ? He contacted renault who said they no longer supply the pipe. Thanks Screenshot_20220303-223103_WhatsApp.jpg Screenshot_20220303-223055_WhatsApp.jpg Screenshot_20220303-223103_WhatsApp.jpg

2. Is this not the one that you can buy a hel braided line for?

Christopher carenduff likes this.
  3. I thought that was just on the megane mk3 ? Thanks

4. ianplymouth

ianplymouth RSM Club Member

I have fitted a Hel braided line on my R26

5. Best bets probably to try someone breaking one then.
    Is the fitting different on a mk3?
    Or do all f4r engined Renaults use the same piece?

6. ianplymouth

Im sure there the same, had both models and stripped both down (too many times :openmouth::openmouth:) breakers yard is a good shout, don't forget that these gearbox's started life in vans

7. Yeah I was thinking it must be in other renault models.

8. I recently had my car in at a garage to have the hel line fitted and the mechanic said it wouldn't fit - could it be that this fluid filler pipe linked on ebay is what I need to complete the assembly?

My mechanic sent me a video of him offering the hel line up, but it wasn't staying in place - don't know how best to explain this, but can happily share the video with anyone who can help.

Contacted hel and told them of the issues the mechanic had, they said he should have clipped it in and tried bleeding it - he says he couldn't clip it in because it doesn't fit...

I'm not a mechanic and now have the headache of trying to work out how best to sort this - my mechanic insists it isn't the right line (despite coming in hel packaging with the megane label on it). Do I take it to another garage and risk paying more labour for it to not fit?

Attached Files:

9. ianplymouth

I had this problem and its down to the slave cylinder being an aftermarket one, the ends are different than the Renault or LUK one, the after market one comes with an end that fits on the clutch hose to fit there fitting, the fitting that was removed has probably been thrown away, your only real option is to replace the slave cylinder or leave it as is until you need a clutch.

10. Hmm. That's interesting. I bought the car in Feb 2019 and the clutch was done almost straight away (bought it with it slipping).

I got a clutch and genuine RS Slave from K-tec (went back and double checked my order to make sure) so that shouldn't be the issue.

11. ianplymouth

ohh okay, i have no idea then sorry