225 Megane 2 RS slave cylinder mismatch

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by haydenraw, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Hi guys,

I have 05 RS225 Cup that's currently in pieces. Not out of choice. We've hit a bit of a snag.

I recently bought a new single mass flywheel and clutch set from K-Tec to fit the car as the clutch was on the way out. I also bought a slave cylinder for 2 RS at the same time. All parts arrived safe and sound from the UK in a couple of weeks.

Archibald & Shorter in Auckland, NZ proceeded to take the car apart to fit the new gear. The flywheel and clutch system fits fine, but when it came to connecting the slave cylinder, it has a different diameter on the inlet to the one that came off the car. [see photos]. The rest of the slave fits fine, it's just the inlet that doesn't.

Left = the one off the car
    Right = the one I bought, which is the 'right' model for this car

http://twitpic.com/dpqapt
    http://twitpic.com/dpqawk

The diameter of the inlet on the left pictured slave cylinder (the one off the car) is 13mm.

Archibald & Shorter sourced their own slave believing that I had ordered the wrong part. It arrived and was the same as the part I had ordered. They tried to source another one from Aus, and also found that to be the same.

I wondered if it was the master cylinder on the car that was unusual (model/parts numbers AE2 2241114 8200151785-D). From my preliminary Googling, that seems to match the model of car. Although I can't tell if it is for an RS Cup or not.

Has anyone come across this type of issue before? Or got any insight into why genuine renault parts aren't matching my car?

Model numbers of the part off my car
    - L05H21-0H03-02
    - 188U 1033 0042

Cheers,
    Hayden

2. Hi there! I Hope you found a solution for your problem here... I Am now through the same situation... How you sorted it? New connector or got a new part with the previous connection end? Best regards!