Meg mk3 Akrapovic system

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Corey, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Found a little info on the incoming akrapovic titanium system Renault want over 3k for the full system + vat and that doesn't include the carbon exhaust surround. Ktec will be getting the first batch and from akrapovic there £1900 Inc vat and the tail surround. Should be available just before Christmas apparently the exclusivity deal with Renault runs out at the end of November which coincides with ktecs first order.

Hoping ads well be able to trump ktecs price. Start saving folks!

2. Wheres this info come from?

3. Initially a post on Facebook staying ktec would be selling the system from November. So I called and spoke to David directly and the rest of the info came from him. Very honest and informative so no reason to doubt it. More info should be available over the next few weeks.

4. Corey you'd be better off having a custom made ti system. Rs fabrications quoted me £1200 for a custom titanium job which they'd need the car for 3 days.

5. Thanks for the heads up Chris, maybe worth a shout. Don't fancy any of the other systems currently available so may have to be a one off.

Just like the akrapovic system as it's oem in a way.

6. It's worth investing. At nearly 2k you could pick up a 172cup for that!

7. This is where my brain keeps reminding me "it's just a Renault".

Not sure a titanium exhaust is really required or all that benificial....

8. What's a Ti system do over a stainless that
    justifies an extra £1500?

9. Nothing ....tis all cork sniffery

10. It doesn't sound like bargain.

11. It will be lighter.... It will also make your account lighter at the same time

12. Haha very true, it will also cause you to be able to run extremely fast once your wife finds out how much it cost!

13. Interesting stuff, thanks Corey.

I was hoping that they might release a stainless version, similar price point to the system available for the Clio 200, £900/£1000 I might be tempted, but at nearly 2k, that's too expensive for me, sadly....

14. Isnt the clio one just a slip on rear end though ? IE not a full system ?

15. They do both a slip on system and one which has a stainless link pipe with an integrated resonator.

Blatant steal from there website there

16. Slip on due to the cat being all in one including the back box and decatted version

17. IMO Ti on a Renault is a waste of money unless you are racing it and want to save every gram of weight.
    At least with Ti on a motorbike you get to see the colouring effect of the pipework, but with the 250 you don't even see a tailpipe.

18. the weight difference is just 4kg/8.8lbs to the oem steel exhaust, there's no way it can justify the price tag... btw: the oem mid box is about 6 or 7lbs and if you get rid of it, you'll save about £1850 and it will sound better a the weight will be almost the same...