Sponsored By:  

Meg 3 Trophy Harness Bar

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by Flatout, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Hi all

Just doing some research on Harness bars and wondering if it's possible to retro fit the harness bar from the TR?

Had a quick look through the threads and couldn't see anything - probably didn't look hard enough to....

Anyway any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Rich

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The Trophy-R doesnt have a harness bar, And those that do run them off a rear brace deserve natural selection to take its toll....

3. Hi Jamie - I thought the car came with harnesses as an option? Only seen pics on net so not 100% certain, but looks like that's how the set up looks oem..

i may may be wrong though. What would you suggest - half cage?

4. I've got to hang my harnesses still but running this bar on mine

00005.jpg

5. Interesting - thanks for the pic..

6. Looks good mate, I'm looking at the K-Tec one as its a good compromise, I'm guessing this is what you have.

How are the harness lap straps attached?

7. I got Floyd from KTECs one which is shown at a decent price but yes its correct it's a KTEC one. The sides aren't to bad, one uses the lower side mount that your existing OEM seat uses and clips on. Then (and I'll take a photo later to show better) you have to jack the car up and slide the front seat(s) forward. Then just behind where the sliders end / are mounted into the car you have to drill a small hole and attach the lug to clip onto.

Reason for jacking the car up is 2 reasons.

1.) The exhaust heatshield is behind so stick a block of wood between so you don't drill into that.

2.) So you can attach the metal plate so you've a very secure fixing.

As said I'll stick a photo up, basically inside the car all you see is a small lug the same as ones you would attach a cargo net in the boot to.

8. Thanks mate, much appreciated, although the fear of drilling my car and cocking it up is strong lol.

This is definitely the best option for me, although not ruling out a proper cage, but realistically that would be in a year or so, if I decided to just keep the meg for trackfun and but something else to cut about in.

Right now its something that will improve the track experience using harnesses and if needs be, revert back simply enough.