Meg 225, strange Turbo chirp on boost build up

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by maece82, May 13, 2019.

1. Last autumn, I first noticed a very minor chirp during boost build up under load, in higher gears.
    Car is a box standard Meg 225 with 235'000 km on its clock and still the first Turbo.

Sadly though, this sound became louder and is quite noticable in the car now, whilst accelerating from 2'000 to 3'000 rpm, in higher gear (during boost build up). Once over 3'000 rpm, there is still the well known woooosh sound of the turbo. But below, there is this annoying chirping sound...:-(

Could this be a sign for a worn out Turbo (too much axial movement of the turbine shaft)? Or more likely a problem with the pressure regulator or the N75 valve?

Lately, I cleaned quite some black oil-dust-burnt-whatever thing from the pressure membrane housing (I think it is) in the middle of this picture. Might this be a hint for a future fault???

Any hint greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot
    Marcel

Ah yes, If needed, what might be a proper source, for a NEW (not refurbished) standard or marginaly uprated Turbo for a 225, that's absolutely plug and play -> no remap needed!!!

345.jpg