meg 225 misfire/engine running like turd

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by michaels225, Apr 14, 2016.

1. [video]https://goo.gl/photos/JvyEdvLfh9ZZ7FUR8[/video]

so the other day i was driving and the eml started flashing its tits off at me. carried on driving it went out. fine.

eml started again then the esp light came on with spanner and it lost all power and sounded like a tractor. pulled over turned it off waited a minute tuned it on and all seemed fine for a day or so.

then driving down the a43 it was stuttering shall we say i could feel it misfire when driving.
    took a video and will try upload it

so having new plugs already in it i did the pull out coils test lol.

two middle ones didnt really change the note of the engine so got two knew ones and threw em at it hoping it would be ok. started it up and no differance and no real difference when i tested it by unplugging.

took it my mechanic and he plugged it in and said it looks like one of the injectors has failed so changed that and its still shit.

he's telling me it could be an ecu fault now. can anyone shed some light on if its the case or if i should change all the injectors or anything to help me get my car back lol or am i looking at shed loads of money and do i just trade it in hoping they don't test drive it. i know its not the right thing to do etc by passing the problem to someone else but i'm stuck for ideas

cheers

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016