me being a again again sorry

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by rockabilly, May 9, 2020.

1. so ever since i got the megane the rs monitor gear indicator is miles off. if im in 3rd about to change to 4th say it say go down to 2nd?. car has a cae shifter too. could this be the cause or is it a software issue. it really is way off.

2. It's not the RS monitor, it's you, if you rag it it will be fine, it just thinks you need to get your ass in gear and get it revving.

I was driving mine a week ago (ish) 6th gear cruising and it said i should be in 3rd :laughing::laughing::laughing:

rockabilly likes this.
  3. ok boss.. sure it was the same at cadwell, what operates the gear change indicator? i suspect ecu

4. I'm sure it is the ECU, will take road speed, engine revs and throttle position, it tries to keep you in the torque band.

If you are giving it some then decelerate, it will tell you to change gear the other way

rockabilly likes this.
  5. switch to next page on display, far more relevant info than gear change page anyway

rockabilly likes this.
  6. just this cae shifter is fantastic i love it, but have no idea what gear i,m in sometimes. could do with a sequential type display

7. hahahah...brilliant if dont know what gear you're in sell car immediately and buy electric...

8. very true but as it only moves a short way and looks like its got a short shifter fitted too it difficult sometimes. i would say from 1-2nd gear is only 1.5-2 inch travel/

9. took it for a plug in last week. my mate whos and msa driver was there, said lets have a go. came back and said how do you know what gear your in lol.the lever looks the same in 5th as 1st lol

10. You need to drive it more and get use to it, road speed and rpm should be the best indication of what gear your in :astonished:

11. And who cares in which gear you are?? The car say you what need in every time, you only have to give it one gear up or down!:grin::grin:

12. lol all good till you go from 4th to 3rd by accident instead of 5th at 120,its that close the shifter

manugtt likes this.
  13. There is one possibility that would make shift super close and possibly confusing is if someone did the short-shift mode before then went ahead and fitted the CAE, that shift movement would be ridiculously small

14. thats mine bobsan. it has a on the receipts a short shifter fitted then on another receipt later the cae shifter fitted.
    the lever barely moves

15. So just reverse short shift and all good again

rockabilly likes this.
  16. doesnt it say "ideal gear" or something like that? its just trying to get you to boot it. i just look at oil temps..