Matts Red 250 Cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by odinson, May 18, 2015.

1. My opinion would be that any stud kit is weaker than the OEM fixing, but the stress from track abuse hasn't aided the problem. Same as I wouldn't run spacers for tracking personally or anything that is a potential additional weak point.

Impossible to know for certain but I'd bet my left kidney if the car was used purely for 'Fast Road Use' the issue wouldn't of occurred. Of course thats just personal opinion with nothing to base it on factually.

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Load of rubbish.

Look at how many race and full on track cars that run studs. I'll be converting mine eventually. Bolts are shite.

I doubt we will ever know the failure but I would hazard a guess and say that the extra strain from low offset wheels will not of helped.

3. Not sure how long the kit was on but pure motorsport do state you should change them after every race season

4. True, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are running the OEM hubs converted to studs (of some arbitrary strength/quality).

5. I've not heard back from bimec yet but I'll be going studs again at some stage. Fact is what's done is done and the car should be finished tomorrow

6. No matter the debate, what's good, what broke or may not have been a good idea, I love this thread for the content.

I take my hat off to you buddy. You buy a car, build it the way you want it, drive it how it should be done and when you have a set-back you reset, build the car the way you want it and get after it again without the drama some of these threads on other forums get.

respect mate :cool:

7. Get pics up tomorrow Matt!

8. dru

dru

I would argue that a stud kit should be used for track use only, you get far more potholes and speedbumps on the road..

9. Car will be done today. Few minor tweeks still need to be done on the fitting of bumper wing etc as it's a combination of brand new Renault parts and a 2nd hand bumper but you can have this pic for the moment haha
    DSC_0022_zpss3osl9dw.jpg

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

How easy is it to take those parts out the seat?

11. Did you get her back Matt?

12. DSC_0041_zpsenzumzuc.jpg

13. 2 screws in each mate

14. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

As said on Facebook, I can't believe how quick that has turned around. Looks awesome Matt.

15. Well done on the turn around mate! Looks great, hopefully back on track again soon

16. Thanks guys!! No messing about when my cars involved haha

17. Looks great glad to see her back!

18. Sorry, this might have been covered before but what happens when you crash on track? I know the circuit's truck recovers you but to where? The car park and then how do you get back?

19. Yes to the car park, then rung a recovery truck
    DSC_0060_zps9svuk9oc.jpg DSC_0055_zpsjvjxscze.jpg DSC_0054_zps6aawvlue.jpg

20. Looks a bit wrong with the red blade but glad to see it back in action :smile:

21. I like the red blade

22. Did u rent the whole parking floor to get that picture:wink:

23. Did you have to get a new wheel or was the stray wheel okay? And what's the hole under the headlight for?

24. Pretty sure he had different front wheels on at the time it happened. The hole is for the headlamp washer jets. Missing the cap by the looks of it.

25. As above but no the wheels where fine, somehow the car came out very very well

26. Aaaah my bad, nice to see it back!

27. Finished the red stitching now using sharpie pen and vinegar water to add to keeping the threads red

DSC_0015_zpsfnftyxis.jpg
    DSC_0014_zpslzlnwo7b.jpg
    DSC_0016_zpsptrqyjvv.jpg

28. Do like that stitching actually possibly won't work with yellow though for me.
    Have you sorted the flickering xenons yet?

29. Not yet waiting for my pal to sort them

30. Cool. Let me know how he solves it. And pics of where he fits the resistors would be awesome.

31. Will do bro

32. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Nice touch with the stitching.

Xenons should just be a simple case of enabling them via Clip.

33. I've been told I need to get a resistor or something

34. You need an extra light control unit to enable them in clip. It sits in front of the battery. Not sure if you got it. But it's £314 from Renault if you don't.

35. IMG-20151224-WA0017_zpsaab7vlip.jpg IMG-20151224-WA0021_zpstumdvkiq.jpg [/URL] IMG-20151224-WA0021_zpstumdvkiq.jpg
    IMG-20151224-WA0019_zpsrrtwg7rp.jpg
    IMG-20151224-WA0031_zpsnnwb580o.jpg
    IMG-20151224-WA0030_zpscfyqqh6u.jpg
    IMG-20151224-WA0023_zpsmbbqlzu4.jpg

36. Bloody special this car. So much love for it. Awesome mate very much jealous.

37. Love this buddy.

38. Stitching looks great. I'm tempted to do this, whats the vinegar water for?

39. I'd read that it holds the colour but who knows

40. DSC_0026_zpsmgsbpykw.jpg