Matts Red 250 Cup

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by odinson, May 18, 2015.

1. Looking stunning. Pics are great.

2. Weird, youtube seems to have decided that's 15fps.

That silver BMW was very smokey, looked like he was a good way to stacking it down into the foxhole!

3. Another great video ive subscribed i really enjoyed that thanks.

Bet the slower traffic gets really annoying,great driving though

4. That video was loaded in 4k so apologies if the quality is shit...that bmw is a friend of mine only 320d with a map but he's been every year for last 10 years and this is my 2nd time so shows knowledge is key there.

5. Got some dunlop direzza dz03g now too lol

6. what's your thoughts regarding difference between stock springs and shocks v's Clubbies, are they softer, same or harder

7. Mine was stock shock with springs, but I will say the clubsports are a lot harder but not uncomfortable...they aren't even set up but the difference in handling and body roll is stupid!!! Once set up they will be insane

8. Love it fella, this proves i need to ditch the steev alloys i currently have

IMG_20150521_214100_zpszrhzrslr.jpg

9. Been watching some of your vids, do you have a forge recirc valve??

10. I do mate but it's the pipercross cone filter that's making the noise
    Hybrid turbo will be on it was shortly and in same delivery 630cc injectors and black cae shifter. Ow and I've been building this for shits and giggles with the intention of using it as a track car. Completely rust free ej with jdm dc2 type r engine, meister r coilovers amd the rest of shit honda boys put on. Also got some direzza dz03g for the megane
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Look forward to your review of the CAE shifter :smile:

12. Blimey that bmw was only a 320d? He was seriously quick. Your posts are making me want to keep and track mine! Keep it up bud

13. I thought you had one. I have the k-tec induction kit on mine and it doesn't chatter like yours.

Need to get myself one, sounds a lot better.

14. Mate guys nuts hahaha mapped up etc but he's been going twice a year for last 10years so he knows that track and he cam drive lol

15. Thought I had what the recirc valve? Yer was on it when I got it but the pipercross cone made all the difference to the noise

16. Forge recirc

17. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

What's happening with the white one?

18. It's at a mates getting some work done then being sold

19. Has it had a hard life?

20. You putting the spare money into the red one?

21. Some of it yes, tbh the red car is actually perfect all it needs is the raeder motorsport set up on the clubsports but I'll probably add hybrid and cae shifter and a set of track wheels. She will be getting front end respray then I'll detail her amd finally add the gtecniq coating I've got sat on the cupboard. Also getting performance friction J hooked discs made for my 2 piece discs

Im not 100% yet but Im picking up recaro pole position for the civic but may end up getting another and putting that in her too. Just love the red car too much hahaha

22. Not at all it just wasn't as she was described when I went to go get her and I'm just putting right what was wrong but I'm in no rush hence her being at the garage. The cars actually got stupid amounts of history I mean stupid amounts

ultralight likes this.
  23. You have too many toys man! So have you bought a cae shifter yet? I am sort of tempted to get one fitted to mine before I pick it up as the standard gear change is far too light for my tastes especially coming from the Clio.

24. Haha I'll be down to one soon enough lol the intention of the civic was to be my track car which rendered the megane as she sits useless but tbh I can't see myself selling it unless the civic blows my mind which I doubt. No not yet I'm talking the ktec atm about one but it should be happening soon

25. Happy days bud. I'm really starting to enjoy mine atm after a few proper drives lol. Get the poles for the meg! Do you think the hybrid is worth the money coming from a pretty decent stage 1?

26. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Curious as to why you don't just stick all your shiny parts off the Red one onto the white one, Which has a proper engine/turbo setup already and will likely be more reliable, More so once you add the Hybrid and get near the limit of the stock engine.

Whens it likely to be for sale?

27. Yer I love mine more and more every time I get in it...tbh I've been thinking about that but everyone who I've spoken too regarding hybrid all say that it pulls soo much harder then the standard turbo

28. Ah I see, will prob go stage 1 and see how it feels. I was going to go straight to hybrid but ill save the money for a trip to ring lol. Cheers brother

29. That was the intention mate but a couple of things really, In the flesh the red is soooo much nicer personally and the main thing is the power delivery I love how mine will pull from 2500rpm which suits my driving style and yes the white one sweet Lord its fast but when I jump on the red one I just seem to enjoy it more madness I know. Shouldn't be too long mate but she will be as she should have been when it is

30. [​IMG]

31. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Granted the Red does look better, Fair enough then shame its likely not to stick around the forums.

I was going to build mine with a near identical spec of yours but after 3 years of ownership and many trackdays I'm looking to change next year.

Out of interest what sort of money will the white one be up for?

32. I do think about whacking everything off the Red one on it regularly because it's better in fuel then the red one too hahaha but the red one of mine if you know what I mean?

Not thought about it too much but I've had new discs, new clutch master cylinder, dent repaired on door, new clips for most of the pipes, new oil return pipe but I'd rather sell it to someone on the forum but I've got some one interested who I know will take her even further

33. Any pics of the white one?

34. I don't have any decent ones atm buddy just a white cup with black cup 18s

35. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Can understand what you mean about the red one being "yours" I would just suck it up, Stick the Recaros etc in the white one and have fun surprising people with 400+bhp LOL!

36. Haha I'll have some fun in her before she goes don't worry

37. Been driving the white car around for last few days and wow sport seats and standard cup suspension feels like heaven compared to recaros and clubsports haha

712bhp 753lbs torque worth of my French epicness [​IMG]

38. Just bought full leather recaro Interior for red car and will add the recaros from mine in to the white car ready for sale

39. New seats fitted and now got recaros in the white car. Question though anyone know how to change the middle seat belt?
    [​IMG]