Mapping at TA developments

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by harpo, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Anyone had their Meggy mapped at TA developments in Shepton Mallet? Closer to me than RS at Leeds and listed as one of Pauls 'dealers' offering the same service.

2. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Not heard of them but if they are any good then would be brill for me being local

3. Anyone?

4. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

So no rr facilities available there then

5. Not from the sounds of that review it was only brief though!
    And it was 8 months ago so things may have changed? Although if Paul is listing them as authorized dealers they can't be bad, can they?

6. /\ that's what I was thinking. May ring them tomorrow and have a chat

7. Let us know what you think, as i'd be interested to hear!

8. Will do mate

9. No joy ......'this phone number cannot be reached, please try again later'. Hmmmmmm

10. Can you not ring Paul at rs tuning and ask about the company ?.

11. That's my next move after the weekend

12. Paul away on hols when I rang so finally got the guy from TA developments on the blower....seems like a nice fella. Doesn't have a rolling rod but drives the vehicle taking data and the recaps and drives again, tweeks map etc is how he described the process.
    Would that be the same as the RS tuning remote map process then? It sounds like it to me but just wanted to check

13. RST run the car on a load based roller system. That saves having to drive around.

14. /\ so same ???

15. Sounds like it would be the same!

16. In theory.

Its safer to run on rollers as the chances of oncoming vehicles and traffic pulling out is somewhat limited.

I am a bit curious how they check WOT in 4th though at high RPMs , thats well into illegal speeds.

17. I do mapping, and do my datalogging the Same way as tony. We use 3rd gear, as this keeps it 'relatively' legal. It's long enough to load the motor up to get a decent and accurate datalog.

You're welcome to come over to Glastonbury, where I'm based and have a go in my 225 which is just a stage 1 map. To get an idea of how yours would be.

18. What's a WOT ?

19. Wot ?

( sorry couldnt resist )

Wide Open Throttle.

20. And thanks Dan, may take you up on that :-) do you do a dyno print with that ?

21. You cant do a dyno print without a dyno.

Dan wouldnt use the road if he had a dyno ...

22. Ah I thought that.....cheers

23. I can get a before and after dyno (I have access to an Independent dyno) but it's very busy so have to book well in advance for it. But the cost does go up to cover my costs of hiring the dyno.

24. Can you let me have a price Dan? Looking to get it mapped late July .....pm me if you like

25. May be worth putting a price list up as everyone moans that rstuning is too far away and you will probably get a few customers. Including me :wink:

26. I'm waiting on a trader forum, which will have details of all my services etc.

Remaps are £299

I'm willing to do a group buy, 1% off per person, upto 20%, so the more people you get, the more you get off!

I also have a new product in testing to dramatically increase the service life of the lower hub bearings.

27. Is that with the dyno? Before and after?

28. No, £350 with a before and after print out.

29. Cant wait for this Dan. hopefully 20 people show some interest and i'm sure everyone will want a dyno print out so that will make it £280?

30. I'll see what I can do dyno wise, as I charge it out at cost (£30 each time)

31. I'm in - set up a group buy in the Gb section then :-)