Making an itg induction kit. Advice please.

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by imprezaworks, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  2. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

You've put the same link twice mate.

3. TimR26

4. TimR26

5. That sound like great news, thanks.

So all i need is the rest of the bits in the origional thread then?

The turbo hose i would have to cut down a bit to make it fit, or buy a silicone one and still have to shorten it?

6. TimR26

Looks like it.

Have you got an oem hose? It would probably look better with a silicone one.

7. Yeah an oem hose mate. Not really fussed about looks tbh, aslong as it works thats cool.

In the origional thread it says to get the 90 degree 76-63 bend, but then in the post below theres a link to a 76-67 one.

Apologies if these are daft questions, i have serious brain freeze with this sort of stuff lol

8. TimR26

Measure the internal diameter of your oem hose then get whatever is closest.

9. Ok thanks. Will stick to thread 'A' and get the 76-63 bend.

Jubilee clips next

10. All being well i will be doing this tomo or thursday subject to parts turning up.

Anyone have a rough idea how much oem hose i need to remove?

11. Daz

Daz

You're my guinea pig on this :smile:

12. ha ha, cheers.

13. Right done it. Had to shorten the oem pipe and the silicone one as it was sitting to low. It feels quicker, picks up better. But it's way quieter than I thought. Anyone with the itg filter agree?

14. Daz

Daz

Quiet is good!

I was hoping it wouldn't be loud - get a parts list up!

15. Daz

Daz

I think I'm going to get a new hose to replace the standard one too.

16. how much was the itg cone too?

Lets have a listen send s a vid :smile:

17. And how would one remove the standard hose? I looked but the jubilee clip is a right arse to get too. It would have made fitting the recirc valve miles better if that was out the way

18. The itg I had from a previous Clio. Think they are around £50

19. Im finding this way quieter than i thought it would be. Tried to kid myself but no, something doesnt seem right.

Low down you can hear the kit and the recirc but on boost and higher it sounds, well normal really.

I did a quick search and someone who fitted similar had the same symptoms with no real outcome. Any ideas?

Would the filter be too low down touching something?
    The standard air pipe from the front is in.

Up for suggestions chaps :smile:

20. Strange. I have the ktec on my 265 and it's loud. Jamie has the injen one fitted it's like the ktec and there is also a fair rip off his.

21. Must be the filter. The car picks up really well so I'm happy enough

22. Can you but the Injen filter seperate?

23. Decided to take the sound deadening off underneath the bonnet, it is louder. In low gears you can hear it, still not loud but on the move the car sounds like a jet lol. The way it drives I'm going to stick with it. Goes very well

24. I give up lol. I replaced the filter with a Jetex one. It's similar to the itg low revs and on the move sounds the same. In going to leave it be now. I may look into a cold feed somehow, have read removing the engine cover will help, maybe with the noise too? But either way in more than happy with how the car drives. Effortless through the gears.