Major Audio upgrade on RS250

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by CUP270, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Hi all,
    thought I would post up some pics of an audio upgrade on my RS250
    It started off as a speaker upgrade but snow balled over about a year and a half, I completed it about 3 years ago but have only been a member on these pages a few months.

It's a high quality system that runs 8 channels from the head unit. 2 Channels go to the sub and the the rest go via a 6 channel amp to the tweeters in the dash, mid range in the kick panels and bass speakers in the doors.

The head unit is a Pioneer DEX-P99RS that features a processor. All frequencies are split on the head unit and then amplified (know as an active system) and it features time alignment.

The 6 channel amp is 6 x 150 rms a MMATS Pro Audio HIFI-6150

I do not run any rear speakers (pulls back the sound stage)

Car has run in audio competitions and won it's class

It takes serious battery power to run the sub (Fi Audio N2 - 18")- which is powered by an 8kw RMS amplifier (Taramps 8000)

Batteries and Sub are removable in about 10 minutes with 2 people on it and weighs a combined 144kg!

It is quite possibly one of the few Meganes that has competed on the Audio circuit and at track days ?
    I' don't know of any other than mine.

Attached Files:

Gavin. and crowdie like this.
  2. Really good job, sort of thing i did back in the day, but think i am getting old lol, and would sooner not have all that weight in the car

I had 2x 12" Vibe black air subs and 1200w monoblock amp, in my Meg mk1 coupe

3. as above..i applaud your effort.
    back in the day, i had a pug 309gti with the entire boot filled with false floor, 3 amps,12" sub,active cross over,6x9`s in bespoke rear shelf ,and low mid and high range speakers in bespoke made front door panels.
    Now the weight would put me off.

4. No wonder the back of the car looks so low!

5. The batteries, big sub and amp are only fitted to the car for SPL competitions.

As a daily driver I run a ported 12" sub in the spare wheel well powered by a 500 w rms Pioneer amp, this only weights 20 kg and is easy to remove for track days.

Attached Files:

6. couple more pics of the Sub
    Mikeyjp - "getting to old" - no excuse, I'm over 40 Coke can for scale.JPG Coke can for scale.JPG Coke can for scale.JPG Fi Audio N2 sub.JPG