Maint day

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by EdsterJ, May 25, 2020.

1. this one (5).jpg this one copy.jpg this one (4).jpg this one (2).jpg this one (3).jpg this one (6).jpg

Had a bit of a maint day....

• Wash ( Detailing and entirior happening next weekend)
    • Oil and filter change
    • G-box oil change
    • Fuel filter change (wow!)
    • Quick shift mod

I can honestly say this has transformed the car.

I've had intermitent gbox noises for a while now, where lately it has developed into a constant rattle once up to temp and idling. It would even show on the RS monitor, where the torque meter would fluctuate up and down. The oil change has almost eradicated this. I'm now uncertain whether the oil, low or old, was the root of the problem. Prbably not but, it's certainly helped.

I'd been chasing a cylinder 4 misfire for some time too. Changed the plugs, coils and lastly injectors. Thought I'd solved it. Hadn't! The car now surged coming off the gas in 1st and slightly in 2nd. EML came on during MOT. Fail! Hooked it up, cylinder 3 misfire. LOL FML. The only thing left I could think of was the fuel filter but, I wasn't optimistic. When I took it off and poured the risidual fuel out, honestly, it came out black! Well, you can see from the pic. I dont think it's ever been changed. What a difference! No surging. It was also slightly hesitant from 2.5 to 3.2rpm, not anymore. So err, yeah, change your fuel filters.

Oil filter - always a pleasure

Gone on enough now but, quick shift mod, yeah I like it.

Somewhat productive day

Poppaboost likes this.