Ly r26

Discussion in 'Megane Media' started by davis88, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Copied this from Meganesport.net, as it seems this is the more popular forum.

Hi all,

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago, over the moon so far with it. Drives really well and is by far the best handling car I've owned. Previously I've had 2 182's, 2 172 cups, a mk1 valver, vx220, S3 and i sold my TT 3.2 V6 before getting this.

Has a few mods, Cooksport springs and a decat, it did have a backbox chop but was a bit to loud for me so went on the hunt for a standard backbox and after posting a thread on here R26.R Steve said he had one that i could have FOC so a short trip to Notts on Saturday i had a standard backbox, thanks again steve top man, and he took me out in his R26R, what a car, and it sounds so so good with the ti exhaust on.

I believe this was a Renault press car and has been owned by a couple of people off here, so was good to see its past. I've also ordered the edition of TopGear magazine that i believe it was featured in.

Not really got any plans for it maybe a map but its plenty fast enough for me for the moment, going to Goodwood on Sunday so shall see how it drives down there. Just got to get my private plate put on when the V5 comes through the post.

Couple of photos

Cheers George

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks very nice buddy. Best Colour!.

What did you do with the old exhaust? I'm after getting a back box chop done!.

3. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

Welcome along that's my old car :smile:

4. Welcome. Looks lovely.

5. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Welcome along, shame i have to sell mine such a lovely colour.

6. Lovely car mate and Steve your a star

7. Cheers guys! LY was the only colour I was going to get, and looking at the previous owners it's seems like it's been looked after which is a bonus.

8. If it was Eds it must have around 10,000 layers of wax on it lol

9. Liquidf1

Liquidf1 Forum Trader

Lol not far wrong Steve, it had nearly every wax and sealant available at the time on it at one stage or another, built it up to 15 layers of zaino to see if it had any effect on :smile:

10. He reckons it feels quick, wonder if it's mapped

11. Rapper

Rapper Banned

Its not a latest version Ly-r26,my uncles has owned this car and in the same condition as in the photos,i think its better the latest one,i know well about its machinery,its of good quality and not any major issue in its engine,its good to drive.