Lurius Megane RS 275 Manthey Racing

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by lurius, Oct 13, 2019.

1. It's going to be very interesting when you do move to the asymmetric as I've heard very good things about the epic extra grip. Only reason we haven't gone there yet as it's taken lots of prototyping (including lots of destroyed wheel arches!) and adjustments to get the platform and geo working great around the Ring on the square setup on the 17' ATS GTR and KW CS. I imagine MR baked the option to run either 235 or 255 fronts into your setup from the start though. I'm also curious / nervous about the effect the extra grip will have on the durability of the front suspension components which are already taking a battering with the current grip! Be great if you could share the setup. cheers, andy

2. It's going to be very interesting when you do move to the asymmetric as I've heard very good things about the epic extra grip. Only reason we haven't gone there yet as it's taken lots of prototyping (including lots of destroyed wheel arches!) and adjustments to get the platform and geo working great around the Ring on the square setup on the 17' ATS GTR and KW CS. I imagine MR baked the option to run either 235 or 255 fronts baked into your setup from the start though. I'm also curious / nervous about the effect the extra grip will have on the durability of the front suspension components which are already taking a battering with the current grip! Be great if you could share the setup. cheers, andy

3. Yes you need to change inner fenders often, and they are expensive!!!!!!

4. Time to pick out the car after 7 months at rest :grinning:

11.jpeg 12.jpeg 13.jpeg 14.JPEG IMG_2679.JPEG IMG_2680.JPEG IMG_2696.JPEG

matt e and manugtt like this.
  5. Spot on that - what a beauty

Any chance of a pic showing how you’ve done the aerocatches on the hatch (inside and the bracket mounting arrangement)

cheers

6. what have you done for wishbones? I used to lose bushes constantly and it made the car undriveable

7. if that's a Lithium battery any issues with it holding charge over time from lower voltage from lead acid alternator ??

8. No problems so far, but it's probably because I always have it on maintenance charge.

9. Actually nothing at all, have not had any problems but have been thinking a bit about real uniballs.

10. Thanks, will keep that in mind next time I'm in the garage.

11. No problems so far, but it's probably because I always have it on maintenance charge. The battery locks at 5v during discharge so it can "never" be completely discharged and destroyed.

12. yes with it on trickle charge then no issue to develop thought maybe had kept it over time without maintenance and see if battery eventually goes unhappy with lack of correct charge current as we're supposed to reprogram the alternator to output for lithium really but yet to find out how or where do this

13. Is the Thropy R alternator reprogrammed?

14. Don't really know enough about this subject just that lead acid alternator don't put out enough volts that lithium require, could just be case fitting different voltage regulator which would be very easy mod

15. Must make the car a little more street legal :laughing: 2021-06-23.jpg

Lopes3d, Rensport225 and manugtt like this.
  16. Is that royal steering wheel ?

17. No a company in cz

18. hey Lurius, are these the dust boots you purchased?

https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/...ucts_id=211&osCsid=54r0stoksmgghaq3jhf4eq4p14

19. Nice one cheers mate

20. Found another set of ATS GTR. They need new paint.. keep them gold?
    241442948_2695331564107702_2199865473991142562_n.jpg

Poppaboost likes this.
  21. Not sure about gold on a yellow car, anthracite or black for me.

22. Keep them gold. Everyone has black wheels these days, be different!

23. Where did you get the ats’s from. I’ve been looking for a set for ages

24. I bought them second hand. Don't think they make them anymore.

25. Yeah I know that, I look quite often. where did you find them and pay

26. Found them on ad. 9000SEK.
    A tip is to check out German Ebay. ebay-kleinanzeigen

27. I agree, already have a set of blacks. Have also thought a bit about race silver.

28. Some work done on the car this weekend. Reinstalled the original steering wheel and managed to encode the SRS warning for the seats so no more airbag lights in the instrument panel. :smile: Then a Wagner IC was mounted. Started changing the timing belt...

Attached Files:

Nick likes this.
  29. Hello. Please would you tell where you got the brake cooling ducts and hoses? They look great. And then you made a hole in the front of the bumper for the duct?

Thanks