Lumpy when hot

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by nick197, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Hello everyone, well it feels like one problem after another today. Driving round longleat earlier in the lion inclosure of all places lol it started to run very lumpy. I had switched the engine off as we were going no where then when I fired the engine up it was running at low rpm and very lumpy. It does sort itself out after about 5 secs though, could it be injectors? Also my passenger side DRL has stopped working, do I need a complete new unit? Thanks in advance.

2. Are you sure your battery is 100%?

Mine was running like crap with a dead battery as all the systems need 12v to work correctly (sounds weird I know), also you could try cleaning the TDC sensor on the gearbox (easy to get to I'm told).

3. Ah ok, funnily enough Saturday I was cleaning the inside of my 250 and a message popped up saying start engine battery low. It behaved itself perfectly fine on the 60 mile drive home yesterday.

4. Stick on a volt meter after leaving her over night, see what it reads. Then get it properly tested, wont cost anything.

With mine it ran very badly in the cold and would sometimes take more than 5 turns to get it started.. All because of a duff battery. Now I've got a new one its totally fine :blush:.

Apart from that you'd probably need it stuck on a computer and see if any error codes etc are present.

5. Will do mate, thanks for your help :smile: