1. Right had me r26 f1 for a couple of months nearly now and loved it from the word go, great step up from a string of RS clios.

Now it had a few issues when I bought it nothing major, set of injectors (common chuffing) so I changed them.

Engine mounts causing vibrations, sorted that.

But still got another tiny issue that's bugging me and I'm struggling to get to the bottom of it.

At idle when warm there's still a small vibration at idle, raise the revs a little it goes and it isn't apparent anywhere else in the rev range

It's not a misfire and there's no codes, whilst logging the live data after just pulling up (bout 15 minute mixed drive) it was showing 20 degrees inlet temp which seems very low for to me, the car is standard by the way

2. Mine does that too, it's had new top engine mounts and injectors. Might just be a renault thing, they have a few things that would seem a bit odd on other cars but mechanics just say it's a standard renaultsport thing!

3. I've changed most things to improve the idle and nothing has done it so far. Only thing I have left to think about is the terraclean thing (not like an engine flush, this pumps a cleaner just through the fuel side of the engine, heard onky good things) but I'm not sold yet.

I've always been told the same, that it's a normal Renault thing. Mine is also a bit tappier than I'd like but I've compared to younger Audi S3s and most of them sound as tappy. :wink:

4. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Mines lumpy. Has been for years. Mounts are tired but I imagine it would still do it with fresh ones!

5. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Replaced my fuel sender unit the other month and it stopped a lot of the lumpiness.