Luke’s OG RS250

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Luke, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Hello all!

Newbie here, but I’m sure I’ll ‘know’ a fair few of you from over on Cliosport.

After never even being a passenger in a Megane, I naturally decided to fly up to Inverness this weekend to pick one up!

Spec:

Oyster Grey 250
    Lux pack (leather, auto folding mirrors, keyless entry and start, auto dim rear view mirror, auto lights and wipers)
    Cup pack (limited slip diff, stiffer Cup springs and red Brembo callipers)
    Visibility pack (cornering xenon headlights and LED daytime running lights)
    Leather Recaros
    RS Monitor
    18x8.5 TD 1.3 alloys with 235/40/18 AD08R tyres
    Airtec intercooler
    BMC panel filter
    Mid box delete
    Stage 1 remap
    Brembo HC discs
    Pagid RS29 front/ DS2500 rear pads
    Braided lines
    Motul RBF600 fluid
    Powerflex engine mount
    Powerflex rear axle bushes
    RS gearknob
    Upgraded gearbox mount bolt
    LED bulbs all round
    Genuine RS floor mats

First impressions, after a eight or so year hiatus from Renault Sport - I’m glad to be back! Have spent the last day and a half taking the long way home and getting used to the car, it’s bloody brilliant. It’s quick, fantastically composed in the corners and, with the LSD, it’s just hooks up and f***s off. It’s criminal how many of these weren’t specced with the cup pack, it isn’t half as stiff as people make it out to be.

I’ll get some decent detailed pics in the week, in the meantime, here’s a few from in the highlands:

50f69332-6482-4474-a292-13c4d6ab0acb-jpeg.jpg

bbce6d57-00e7-4d44-bbc1-ef0bd67111cf-jpeg.jpg

e7b56536-f058-4cfc-a186-f3be35bac146-jpeg.jpg

7c776862-19bf-4c5a-92ce-3d6fb6b39725-jpeg.jpg

Plans are to enjoy it as it is, get it up to SRR to check the power and upgrade some of the speakers, as the standard stereo is shite.

I also need to investigate something...car was faultless for the 700 or so miles I drove at the weekend, but today I had the EML and glowing spanner come on, and a message telling me to ‘Check Anti-Pollution System’. Any ideas folks? Car is driving fine.

Cheers!
    Luke

Christopher carenduff and Beau like this.
  2. Absolutely bloody lovely mate. OG is definitely the best colour. And a nice spec too!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Luke likes this.
  3. Love it. Seen pics on cliosport.

Great cars.

Luke likes this.
  4. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

Looks not mate!

Luke likes this.
  5. Welcome mate! Good unit seem you´ve got there. I hope you enjoy a lot it. Pictures are awesome too, love the last one but I can´t see Meg anywhere!:tonguewink:

Luke likes this.
  6. Hi mate what’s the brakes like? Thinking of running the same pad set up