265 Lsd

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by megane-rs, May 4, 2016.

1. Hello everyone.

I own a megane rs 265 sport (not cup)
    And I searching for an original/aftermarket
    Lsd to fit on my car. Ebay has only gearboxes
    To offer, and sellers won't agree to take the box apart.

Do you know someone who has one for sale?
    I'll be happy to hear creative ideas. I'm a student
    So looking for something relatively cheap.

Thanks!

2. By the time you have brought a LSD and had the box stripped down and rebuilt and put back in the car, it might be cheaper to buy a Cup box and sell your one on
    Just a thought, I may be wrong
    Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. As above, one idea would be to buy one of the ones on ebay with the LSD, get that fitted and then sell your box.

Personally though, I'd just sell the whole car and buy a cup with a diff, and save all the messing about and mechanic fees/possible problems/modified cars that will be worth less after.

4. The two options above are probably you best bet.

5. Daz

Daz

Sell it and buy another? that sounds like a very expensive way of throwing a diff or gearbox at a car.

6. Do you think?

OP wanted creative ideas.

Without doing the research, say the premium for a cup vs std on a 265 are £1500. That doesn't go a long way when you start buying unknown 2nd hand boxes off ebay and then having them changed at a garage, with all the potential problems that could arise. Given that the resulting car would be worth less afterwards as well generally, as well as the other improvements the cup chassis provides, and the more expensive insurance due to the modification, I don't think it's a crazy idea.

7. does a cup gearbox drop straight into the Lux (250 and 265) or do you need other parts/fittings???

8. Believe it's a straight swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk