250 Lowering springs for RS 250 non-Cup, difference in height?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by HASLE, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Hey people,

I have a regular RS 250 (non-Cup). I've found loads of helpful threads on here, in regards to various lowering springs, and how they sit when installed. But I also remember reading somewhere, that the Cup suspension is lower than the non-Cup - is that just down to the springs, or are the dampers also different?

I just want to know if fitting say, Cooksport springs to my non-Cup dampers, will lower the car the same amount as if they were fitted to Cup-dampers?

Thanks in advance!

2. Springs lower the car not the dampers

HASLE likes this.
  3. Thanks for the quick and plain response! Makes sense, just wanted to be sure before I invested. :smiley:

4. Personally would not fit Cooksport, h and r were not has hard and crashy, you should be able to get some cup dampers 2nd hand cheap

5. Ive got cooksport springs on my car, it feels almost exactly the same as a standard cup car.

197gaz likes this.
  6. I've got cooksports and they are spot on

I'm a fussy twat too ie if they were crashy they'd be straight off. Been fitted for nearly 3 years now

7. Thanks for the advice and input! I ended up going the Bilstein B14 route, as my dampers are on the way out anyways. :smile:

8. Good plan