250 Lower torque link

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by manugtt, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Hi guys, time to replace the lower torque link. I´m looking Airtec and Vibratechnic, no much money between both so, any advice about it? Or maybe somebody have one to sold?
    In two weeks I´ll go to London for a visit, and taking advance of the trip I´ll bring to here some car parts.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Hi,

I’ve just ordered the powerflex unit. They are on back order and due in within 4weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Hi Bob, you mean the engine mount insert? As long as I know, Powerflex don´t make anti-torque bushes for mk3. I just want to reduce the rotation in the engine, if not enough with the torque link, I´ll order that one too.
    Finally, I´ll go to the Vibratechnic, not many opinions about the Airtec one.
    Thanks!

4. Sorry, I’ve got a mk2 - don’t think they do one for the mk3. Apologies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. No problem Bob!:wink:

6. I filled mine with a mastic sealer, left it to harden for a couple of weeks and all is great with it.

7. Thanks Ian, any brand in special? Or I have to ask for a kind of mastic?

8. The stuff i used is a polyurethane adhesive/sealer, made by AG Korapur, but im sure there are others available, but you really need to let it go off fo a couple of weeks before using, unless you do it in thin layers at a time.

9. All right master, I´ll ask for it to my parts supplier and we´ll see the result:wink:

10. How stiff do you want it Manugtt? I highly recommend the one by Evol, it will last forever and give you a nice massage while at idle :smile:

manugtt likes this.
  11. :smile::smile::smile: I heard about the Evol, but maybe to much stiff, I want my teeth in their place!

D7DPJ likes this.
  12. The lower isn't actually that bad, it's the upper which packs a punch. It's amazing quality and the price is great