Lower Gearbox Mount Fitting?

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Stock265cup, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Will probably be ordering K-tec lower gearbox mount for 265 cup soon. Is the fitting of this a straight forward job of support the gear box, bolts/OEM mount out. K-tec Mount/bolts back in job done? This is to go in combination with recently fitted Powerflex yellow top engine insert(very impressed with improvement in stability/feel) for such an I expensive performance upgrade.
    Also what improvements should I expect from fitting K-tec lower gearbox mount?
    Any feedback would be greatly received, cheers.

2. Under tray off
    Remove the 2 mount bolts
    Lever engine / box over to make a little space to get the original mount out
    Position new mount
    Refit bolts
    Refit under tray
    Job done

There is a little more vibration but that's acceptable

Might be worth changing the gearbox mount bolt as a precaution also, this is a little more involved than the lower gearboxes stabiliser.
    (Plenty of info available)

3. I was under the impression that this gearbox mount bolt you speak of had been improved on 265/275 from the bolt on 250? Don’t know if this is true though. Engine is completely standard in my car by the way, don’t know if this makes the bolt less of an issue?

4. Mount may have changed on 265 compared to the 250 but the bolt is the same

5. Ok, cheers for info.

6. Do you know under what circumstances these bolts have been known to fail? Hard track use? Hard braking?Cars with more power over standard? Would be intrigued to know, obviously don’t want it to happen to me.

7. Seems to vary from what I heard, I've just changed mine as a precaution, done a few trackdays and no issues.
    There appears to be very little changed on the mounts when I compared then side by side (mines a 250),as others have said the bolt is probably the main part.