275 Low rev power cutting and limp home “ injection system/ pollution system

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Maxi T Bird, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Hi,

I have a used 275 around 40k miles, owned it around 3 months. When I got it I thought I kept hitting the rev limiter and the power would cut, I thought this was strange as I’ve never hit a rev limit just driving in my whole 37 yrs.

Basically the second time this has happened but about 3500 revs engine cuts jolting us forward then the engine goes into some limp home mode with warning signs “ check injection system/ check pollution system “ RAC came out plugged it in and get the message about the ECU - DTC : DTC061A

It’s really starting to p!!! Me off because I really like the car and the local Renault garage has a 2 month wait, other garages don’t seem to pick it up.

Love my Meg but this is a nightmare as I can’t drive it anywhere at gusto afraid it’s going to freak out again.

Any help would be appreciated?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. aaa

aaa

I had the similar errors on the dash, the car was in limp mode and it was running very rich. My problem was that screw that fixed the MAP sensor got unscrewed and the MAP sensor wasn't fixed anymore. It was the MAP sensor on the air pipe that sits after the radiator.

It might worth checking the 2 MAP sensors