Low compression

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by andypower, Apr 21, 2016.

1. It's a Renault megane 225

I've just got my car back from my mechanic to fit new brakes and fit eibach pro springs.

So long story short i asked him to check our the lumpy idle and misfire because I'd changed everything I could think of that was causing it.

He said after a compression test. Cylinder 4 was half of the other 3.

So now I'm kinda stuck on what to do with the car.

What am I looking at cost wise to get it repaired?

I've spent so much on it now to chop and run but it's one thing after another right not.

Cheers guys

2. if was competent fitter with this info then its head off for exploratory work as a minimum really, could use a bore camera but if find anything still need head off, could be valve not seating any longer

3. As you can tell I'm no mechanic. The mechanic was doing some other stuff and the misfire was a side issue for him.

Car drives and pulls well. But he said he carried out a compression test and number 4 was half the others.

I could ask him to investigate it but not having a lot of money lying around I kind of need to know cost wise is it worth it or chop it in and let a garage worry bout it

4. so cars still misfiring and youve changed plugs and injector ??

5. Yeah , cleaned injectors changed coils for beru ones and new spark plugs