250 Loss of power

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by TEV250, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Just recently I have noticed that occasionally when flooring it in third gear from just under 3k there is a lack of power the last until 5k and then suddenly you get a hit again. Has anyone experienced this ? It's quite hard to explain but it's almost like the turbo drops back slightly and then comes on full boost again at 5k. It's noticeable for sure and nothing to do normal/sport modes.

Anyone had this before ?

2. Yeah feels hollow?

i had it at the start in the 265, managed to replicate if I hovered at 32mph I think it was in third for a few hundred yards then floored it and it was like no boost.

renault reloaded the map and all good since

3. Yes ! Exactly that. 30mph ish and the floor it in third and it feels lacking until 5k and then you get a spurt. How strange ! At least it's not mechanical by the sound of it.

4. I read a massive thread on the French megane forum about it, from google translate I worked out most got it sorted with a re load of the standard map at the dealer. Mines been fine since anyway!

5. Mines does this aswell now and again. Never really noticed the speed it happens but always 3rd gear. Ill try and get it to do it on purpose and see what happens. Is it something that Renault are aware of or will it only be remapped/reloaded if asked to?