Loosing water ! Advise needed please

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Jaysport, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Morning. All,
    since having my meg it looses water,
    I had a split pipe going to the turbo which I now replaced, but roughly once a week ish I top up with water approx 1/4 litr
    I no the turbo is cooled by water but surely it shouldn't use this much ? Doesn't seem to be dripping out any where and no signs of hoses gone

2. Lift the bonnet can you smell coolant, common problem is the rad goes, only a slight weep, a lot have had new ones, buy OEM though

3. As Steve said it normally goes where the plastic end tanks meet the metal core

4. Do not be tempted to buy anything other than OEM, their no good from experience

5. Or a nice shiny expensive alloy one, haven't had any problems with mine!

6. Not needed imo

7. It's not needed but will be better than oe

8. No leaks from the rad , checked it all over, no signs or water either, does in your opinion the turbo use this much water,

9. Turbo shouldn't use any water. The rad issue isn't very visible unless you remove bumper ic and ac

10. I've got a slight radiator leak, you can't spot it but it does develop steam which can be seen in the evening with the lights on, it's not too bad yet so I'm just putting money aside for a new radiator. It uses varying amounts of water each week! It's probably that I'm afraid!