225 Loose MAP!

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Toby85, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Hi,

Noticed recently when checking my oil on my 225 F1 that my map sensor was really loose! I removed it and found the o-ring really deteriorated - has anybody replaced this? It's so compressed that I can't get an accurate measurement from it and it's not a common size.

Thanks in advance,

Toby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Necroing like a boss, but any chance someone has figured out a supplier for these O-rings? They need to be rated for oil, fuel and reasonable heat obviously. The automotive green coloured ones should be OK. But where to get just the O-ring and not have to buy the complete MAP sensor?

3. if you measure the outer diameter inside the groove of the map sensor and the bore diameter in which the sensor fits,
    then with these 2 dimensions you can make the inner o ring diameter and tore diameter or cross section.

the o'ring need to be very slightly stretch when in position on the map sensor and bigger outer diameter than he hole if fits into to allow a compression fit inside the hole on the engine.
    Hope this helps: https://www.applerubber.com/src/pdf/section3-o-ring-basics.pdf